*Chapter Fourteen*

The next day, Miri had gone back to school.

She walked into class a little later than everyone else. Her muscles were sore from the U.S.J. incident, but she let them heal naturally. If she healed herself at every minor inconvenience, she would never grow as a person. Hence why she was selective of her healing during her training with Kirishima.

"Mirianne!" Uraraka cheered. "Oh, my god!"

The bubbly girl had bounced over to Miri, cautious to hug her considering the condition she was in the last time they had seen each other.

Miri smiled at her. "Ochako!" Miri slipped her left hand into the cheery girl's hand, squeezing it affectionately. Her right arm was still bandaged, but mostly, it was okay.

"Last time I saw you, you were unconscious. Todoroki wouldn't leave your side until the ambulance arrived, so it was hard to get close to you and see how you were doing. I'm so glad to see you though!" Uraraka explained.

Miri's eyes widened. She couldn't remember everything that happened that day very well. She didn't remember seeing Todoroki after she punched the Nomu. "He didn't leave my side...?"

"Yeah! It was kind of cute. He kept asking the paramedics if you'll be okay and..."

Uraraka's words soon went on deaf ears as Miri's attention focused on the boy sitting at the back of the room. He was looking at the window, facing away from her. Her heart warmed knowing that in his own weird way, he really did kind of care about her.

Suddenly, red spiky hair popped up into her vision followed by a mess of pink hair.

"MIRI!" Kirishima caught her around her hips in his big arms. She was pushed up into the air and spun around in a circle. Panic gripped her and she couldn't help the high-pitched squeal that escaped her body.

"Kirishima! Put me down!" She giggled once the panic died away. She didn't expect this welcome coming back to the school. It really didn't seem like that big a deal to her.

He carefully lowered her and smiled sheepishly. "Sorry, I'm just relieved to see that you're okay now."

She smiled back at him. "I'm just glad that...we're all okay."

Mina hugged Miri. "You really scared us there, girlie. Never do something like that—no matter how heroic or cool it was—ever again. You got people back at home who care about you, ya hear!?"

Miri's heart warmed and her lips quivered.

Midoriya walked in then and saw Miri. His mouth spread into a big smile as he placed a hand on her shoulder. "Miri! I'm glad to see you're doing better. You scared us all for a moment there."

Hearing them express their worries for her, it made her really happy. She never knew that so many of them were concerned for her safety and wellbeing.

As more and more students surrounded her, expressing their gratitude at her being okay, she found it harder and harder to control her emotions.

A tear slid down her cheek, and she couldn't do much to stop it.

"Miri! Is it your allergies again?" Kirishima exclaimed, watching as the tear slid down her cheek.

She shook her head with a laugh. "No, I'm perfectly happy."

Class went on as normal for them until Aizawa finally dropped the bomb he had been putting off all class period.

"This year, we're pushing the U.A. Sports festival a few weeks earlier than planned. If you're not familiar with how the festival works, then you shouldn't have been living under a rock. Until the festival starts, we'll be training extra hard to prepare yourselves for it. This festival is a big opportunity for you, so make sure you keep your heads in the game. Class dismissed." Aizawa zipped himself up in his sleeping bag and then promptly wormed his way out of the classroom.