*Chapter Thirteen*

When Miri awoke, she knew she was in an unfamiliar area. Her eyes flew open as she scanned the room, but it appeared to be a nurse's office of sorts.

Recovery Girl stood at the foot of her bed. "You...you grind my gears as much as Midoriya does!" The older woman exclaimed. "For someone with a healing quirk, you sure rely an awful lot on mine!"

Miri balked. "Uh...sorry?"

The older woman sighed. "Considering the attack you faced, it couldn't have been avoided. Your injuries, though bad, were treatable by me. I had to perform surgery on your arm, however, so there will be some scarring." At that, Miri nodded in acceptance. It would just be one out of the multiple that decorated her body from the years of training. "However, there were some things I noticed while healing you."

Miri's heart dropped. What could the woman have possibly found?

"Your blood vessels, for starters, were significantly strained, far beyond normal. However, they function in almost perfect order. Your blood pressure levels..." She pulled up a sheet of paper. "They're off the charts. My medical knowledge tells me you could face issues with strokes and heart attacks later in life, however, your heart seems to have adapted to the high intake of blood. Your organs can perfectly handle your quirk, but your body cannot. For the time being."

Miri stared at her. "I'm not following."

"At the current standings, your insides have been modified to handle your quirk. I've never really seen that before, but sometimes it's possible. Physically, you cannot handle the power of your quirk. Your skin tears when your blood pressure is too high, correct? That's because you haven't worked your body to handle the sheer pressure of your blood. Your bones break when you exceed a certain limit? You don't have the muscles yet to cushion yourself." Then her face went grave. "And you won't have them if you continue down this track." She pulled out a picture of the human hand. She pointed to a strip of what Miri thought was muscle. "These are your tendons. They connect your bones to your muscles and allow you to move easier. Without them, our muscles would just fall right off. Every time you put wear and tear on them, they get weaker. Eventually, they can lose function which can lead to many health issues. Now, your healing quirk helps keep them in check, but whenever you run out of energy to heal yourself, your tendons grow weaker."

"So, what you're saying is," Miri looked down at her right arm, which was heavily bandaged. It was sore, and moving it hurt. "The more times I run out of energy to heal, the more damaged my tendons get?"

"Along the lines, yes. I can heal almost every wound or issue, except for illnesses, but I've seen nothing like your healing. I suppose since it's concentrated in only physical means it's more effective in that area." The woman looked thoughtful for a moment, before looking to Miri again. "If you keep recklessly damaging your body the way you have been, you will cause irreversible damage. Your possibility of still being a hero years down the road from now gets smaller and smaller."

Miri's stomach dropped at the woman's words. "Is there...is there any advice you can give me?"

"For starters...TURN IN YOUR NEW SUIT FORM!" Recovery Girl seethed. "At my suggestion, they gave you that for a reason! When they brought you to my office barely clothed, I almost popped a blood vessel. You need a suit capable of withstanding you and your quirk. The half-assed form you turned in at the beginning of the year DIDN'T cut it!" She wheeled herself over to a monitor and she turned it on. "I've compiled a list of everything you'd need for your suit to make sure you STAY THE HELL OUT OF MY OFFICE!"

"Why do you have my exact measurements...? And why did you take the time and effort to do this?" Miri stared at the screen, a little unnerved.

"NOT RELEVANT!" She smashed her syringe stick on Miri's head. "Anyway!" She pointed the stick at a black body-suit on the screen. "This is a suit made of highly elastic material. Not only is it stretchy, but it also works as compression to offer more support to your body so you can use more of your quirk with little to no drawbacks. It's like a stretchy bullet-proof-compression suit. It was specifically made for you, at my request. The material is still being synthesized, but it's passed most of the tests. It's not the flashiest suit by any means, but the material is there. It's exactly what you need."