*Chapter Eight*

Miri stood a few buildings away from where Midnight was supposedly hiding the rocket. She did some simple stretches, trying to loosen herself up, but the suit's sleeves felt too tight on her arms and legs. She screwed up her eyebrows and growled.

A low mobility suit will NOT do it for her. Her mobility was already pretty limited as it was.

"Young Mirianne, you may go." All Might called over the speaker.

She didn't run, despite the clock. She really couldn't afford to in the tightness of her suit. She walked up to the building, looking to see if there were any indication of what Midnight's quirk might be.

Back in the main room, the students anxiously gathered around to watch the fight. It was no secret to anyone that Miri was powerful, but was she on par with that of a Pro Hero?

"Why is she just standing there instead of running into the building?" Mina asked, watching Miri just stare.

"She's checking for Midnight's quirk." Midoriya observed. His eyes widened. "I never warned her about Midnight's quirk...she went in blind!"

"She did it willingly." Todoroki's voice cut through everything. "She doesn't have a plan, she just jumped into it."

The students turned back to the screen, watching their classmate walk into the building.

Miri couldn't figure anything out from just watching the building. She walked carefully up the stairs.

"Hearing boost 40." She muttered, and her hearing amplified. She stopped and listened to any hint of footsteps above her, but there weren't any. She sighed and deactivated it

She climbed the stairs carefully.

She'd be lying if she said she wasn't scared. It's one thing to challenge a Pro knowing their capabilities, but to completely go in blind was terrifying. Every step put Miri on edge.

At a certain floor, Miri turned her head just the slightest at a skittering noise. Her green and purple eyes scanned the area, completely frozen on the spot.

"Oh..." A female voice cooed. "I simply love your tenacity!"

Miri looked around frantically, trying to find her.

"It seems there was a glitch in our system this year. forty-two potential heroes made the cut for the hero course." The voice was coming from everywhere. Miri pushed herself into a corner to prevent Midnight from sneaking up on her. "And you were the ring-leader of the bunch. Rather than kicking out the forty-first and second students, we made an exception. This bunch of students proved to be a very interesting one." The Pro stepped into view. "Show me why you made first." She winked.

Miri exhaled deeply. "I don't...want you to hold back at all."

"Oh, sweetheart," Midnight then flicked her whip, reaching her other hand up to her suit. "I don't intend to."

She ripped her suit and a magenta mist flooded the room.

'Her quirk?' Miri went to move back away from it, but she was still in the corner.

The students all watched the screen, different emotions ranged from each of them.

"Why the hell is she freezing up?" Bakugo growled.

"Oh, no!" Uraraka cried. "What is the mist? Why isn't she doing anything?"

Aizawa cleared his throat from the back, quieting the class. "Midnight's quirk is Somnambulist. It allows her to secrete a sleep inducing mist from her body that if inhaled can easily put someone to sleep. It's a lot more effective on men than women."