A Scandal in Belgravia (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

Vaness was conflicted. She liked the hug. But she knew it was better this way. If she'll stay.

That day, John is sitting at the dining table in the living room updating his blog on his laptop. Vaness was lying down on the sofa, she quit her job, because the boys told her to. And being jobless was boring, she wanted to do something. She tried to look for a job ofcourse, she wasn't successful.

Sherlock, wearing a red dressing gown over his shirt and trousers, is standing at the other side of the table drinking from a mug while leafing through a newspaper.

"What are you typing?" Sherlock asked John.

"Blog." John said.

"About?" Sherlock asked again.

"Us." John answered.

"You mean me." Sherlock replied.

"Why?" John asked him.

"Well, you’re typing a lot." Sherlock said.

The doorbell rings. Vaness sat up, and walked towards her own chair next to Sherlock's. She didn't know who placed it there, both John and Sherlock said it wasn't them.

"Right then..." Sherlock walks towards the door. "...So, what have we got?"

Over a period of many weeks, people are coming to 221B to consult with Sherlock. As many of them Vaness kept recognizing, her anxiety grew. Each of them sits on a dining chair facing the fireplace as he or she speaks.

"My wife seems to be spending a very long time at the office." A man said.

"Boring." Sherlock immediately replied.

"I think my husband might be having an affair." A woman said.

"Yes." Sherlock replied.

"She’s not my real aunt. She’s been replaced – I know she has. I know human ash." A creepy guy, holding a funeral urn, said.

"Leave." Sherlock told him pointing towards the door.

"We are prepared to offer any sum of money you care to mention for the recovery of these files." A businessman said, sitting on the dining chair while two aides stand behind him.

"Boring." Sherlock said.

"We have this website. It explains the true meaning of comic books, ’cause people miss a lot of the themes." A geeky young man said, sitting on the dining chair while two other geeky young men stand behind him.

Sherlock is already walking away, disinterested.

"But then all the comic books started coming true." The young man said quickly.

Sherlock comes back.

"Oh. Interesting."

Later, John is sitting in his armchair and updating his blog again. He has titled the entry “The Geek Interpreter.”

Sherlock leans over his shoulder.

"‘Geek Interpreter.’ What’s that?" Sherlock asked.

"It’s the title." John said.

"What does it need a title for?" Sherlock asked.

John smiles tightly. Sherlock straightens up and walks away.

Later, they’re at the morgue at St Bartholomew’s Hospital. Sherlock is using his magnifier to look at a woman’s body lying on the table. John and Vaness are standing at the other side of the table and Detective Inspector Lestrade is nearby.