Chapter 2

Annabeth's POV

I watched as James collapsed to the ground, gasping and groaning in pain. I could hear all the girls gasp and the guys groan, knowing how much that hurt. I was so mad, that I didn't care what everyone was going to say tomorrow, or what the consequences would be. I bent down and reached a hand under James' chin, forcing him to look up at me.

         ''If it wasn't obvious before, we are totally done,'' I said, confidently, then turned on my heel and walked out the school's doors, the crowd making a path for me. Once I was off the school grounds, I started running for home. I can't believe I fell for him. I unlocked the doors and yelled to see if my parents were home which, of course, they weren't. My parents were both surgeons, two of the best in California. They were never home, but they still bought a huge house to show off heir money. I hated this house so much. It was all modern and cold feeling. I wanted a comfy house, one with a fireplace and rugs, not an 80" flat screen TV and white leather couch. I ran up the stairs into my room and threw my bag across the room. Out of every room in the house, my favourite was my bedroom. My bedroom is the coziest room in the house. It was painted dark grey with one wall covered in chalk board paint. I had dark hardwood floors with a ginormous fur rug that covered most of the floor. On the right side was the my bed. It was a queen sized bed built into the side of the wall, with bookshelves lining the rest of the wall. The wall to the left was a grey and white brick wall that had a wood burning and gas fireplace. The wall opposite the chalkboard wall was a full window. In the back left corner was another door that led to my bathroom and walk- in closet. In the centre of the room was a rustic red loveseat and two dark wood side tables. A grey wooden coffee table sat in front of the loveseat, and a pair of rustic red chairs sat at the ends of the coffee table. My desk was to the right of the door, facing the chalkboard wall, right beside the book shelf wall. My closet was filled with every type of clothing possible. I had a different section for my shoes and jewelry. My bathroom had a jacuzzi whirlpool bath, a glass shower, and a huge vanity table that held all my make up. I didn't wear a lot of make up, just the basic foundation, and mascara, sometimes adding eyeliner and lipstick if I am going out. I threw my back pack onto the loveseat as I ran and jumped on my bed. I cried into my pillows for what felt like days, but turned out to be only an hour and a half. I was so mad at James for betraying me like that, but I was even more mad at myself, for not noticing earlier. Thalia and Piper, my two best friends, warned me I might get hurt, but I didn't take them seriously. I was so mad at myself. I felt like punching something or someone. So, instead of putting a whole in my wall, I went to my closet and changed into a black sports bra, black basketball shorts and my black high tops. I went down to the kitchen grabbing a bottle of water and my basketball, then headed to the backyard.         My backyard, just like my house, was huge. We had an olympic sized pool with a diving board and waterslide, a full sized beach volleyball court, and a go kart track. There was a small pool that held all different types of fish and lily pads, etc. A mini stream flowed for that pond to another, bigger pond, farther back in the backyard. This pond held more fish, but also frogs and tadpoles. The larger pond had a bench beside it, because that is were I enjoyed reading and were I went to relax or take a nap. We had a fire pit by the pool, with a gazebo. But I ignored all that and walked to the right. I stepped onto the full sized basketball course, equipped with bleachers and a scoreboard that read 'Chase Stadium'. It was my 8 birthday gift from my father, and it was my favourite place ever. I didn't matter what I was going through, or how I was feeling, I could always come here and work and train, and feel completely satisfied with everything. I loved basketball. It was my passion. I was the captain of the girls varsity basketball team, even though I was in grade 11. Everyone thought I was the best in the school, but I never let that get to my head. I always trained hard. I wanted this to help me get somewhere in life, to be someone I was proud to be, and to try and make my parents proud. I practiced things I had perfected, and things that were sloppy. You didn't get to be captain of the girls varsity team without working as hard as I did. 3 hours and 7 empty water bottles later, I was over what happened, and ready to move forward with my life. I got back to my room, stripped down, and jumped in the shower. While in the shower, I thought over todays events again. I had been cheated on by guys, and used by them. They were al the same. They only wanted one thing, and when they didn't get it, or when they were finished, they dumped you and got it from someone else. I decided then that I was done with guys, and I wasn't going to let another get close to me. Not like James and the other guys did. I wouldn't let this happen again. Once I was done in the shower, I dried off, and put on my favourite pair of pyjamas. (http://www.polyvore.com/cgi/set?id=145180032  ). For the rest of the night I was sat at my desk doing homework ad studying until eventually I fell asleep.

        I was waken up by my alarm clock at 6:30 am. I went downstairs to find that my parents had already left for work or didn't even come home. I was use to it by now. I made myself some toast and grabbed a water bottle before heading back upstairs to my room. Once I had finished my breakfast, I went into the bathroom and washed my face and brush my teeth. I took my hair out f the bun and found it still damp, so I quickly dried it. I went into my closet and picked out my outfit for today. I settled for a white tank top underneath a red and white flannel, the sleeves rolled up to my arms. I put on dark blue jean shorts and a leather belt. Lastly, I pulled on my favourite black vans. I was to lazy to bother with my curly hair so I threw it up into a messy high ponytail. I put on my usual make up and packed my backpack. I grabbed my phone and wallet, putting my phone in m back pocket and wallet in my bag, then grabbed the keys and walked out the front door, locking it behind me. I wasn't going to let what happened yesterday affect me, and I wasn't going to let peoples pity affect me either. I climbed the steps to the front door of the school and pushed open the doors.

-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:-:

Hey guuys! :)
To those of you that are reading this story, I really hope you are enjoying this :) thank you so much for reading it!

Alexa xx