Chapter 7

Percy's POV*

I was sitting at the guys table and Thalia, Piper and Hazel came over and sat with us. We were talking when the announcements started. I wasn't really paying attention, until I heard one announcement that caught my attention.

"All boys and girls that are interested in joining the Goode High Swim Team, please meet tomorrow at 4pm for tryouts."
"Yo man, this is gonna be great," Jason said.
"Percy, are you any good at swimming?" Hazel asked me.
"I love swimming," I answered.
"Great! So we can tryout together," Jason said giving me a high five.
"You know it," I answered, and then we kept talking. I was laughing my head off when the cafeteria fell silent. I looked at all my friends and saw they were all looking at the door. I looked towards the door and there were 7 girls, just entering the cafeteria. The blonde chick from gym was in the front, and Charlie's girlfriend was right behind her. We all watched as they walked to the line in the cafeteria, got their food, and sat down at their table. Then at least 20 guys ran over to the blonde and started flirting with her but she turned almost all of them away except one.
"I guess he's the lucky one," Leo said, sarcastically, to the Stolls, who almost immediately burst into laughter. The rest of the cafeteria started to talk again and I finally asked about her.
"Okay, who is the blonde chick, and why does she act like she runs the school," I said to the rest of the table. They all kind of looked at Thalia and she huffed.
"That, Percy, is Annabeth Chase. She is the leader of the populars. Don't mess with her," Thalia said then got up from the table and walked out of the cafeteria, not even glancing at Annabeth.
"Don't worry about her, Perce," Grover said. "Her and Annabeth used to be best friends since the age of 7, and then she became popular in October and started treating all of us like trash."
"Well at least you guys don't have to see her almost everyday after school," Piper said.
"Why do you?" I asked Piper.
"Well, for one, she's the captain of the basketball team, and two, my half sister, Silena, is her 'second in command'," Piper said with sarcasm.
"Hey, that's my girlfriend your talking about!" Charlie complained. Oh, so that's why they were all glaring at her today in gym.
"But she didn't seem that good at basketball," I said. "You, Hazel and Thalia seemed better than her by a long shot."
"Well she used to be really good. Like amazing. Best female in the school, almost the best in the school. She was always supportive, hardworking, etc, but then she joined the populars and stopped trying as hard. She knows none of us are stupid enough to go against her," Hazel said.
"Why not go against her? What is she gonna do to you," I questioned.
"In November, a girl on the basketball team tried to take over as captain. She tripped the girl, and then convinced her boyfriend she was cheating on him. Annabeth practically ruined her life," Piper explained to me.
"Seriously?" I said, more angry then scared. This girl was way out of control. Then, the bell rang. I got up from the table and went to my next class. When I walked into science, at the end of the day, I noticed Thalia and went to sit beside her. She looked really upset.
"Hey Thalia, are you okay?" I asked. She jumped a little when I first spoke but then smiled at me and nodded.
"Yeah, thanks for asking Percy," she said.
"No problem," I said and sat down. I looked up just as Annabeth walked in the door. She saw me and walked right over and sat down in front of me, winking in the process. It took all of my willpower no to fake gag.

 ************************************************

HEY GUYS. I have quite a bit too say, so stick with me here.

First, I really want to thank you guys for voting and commenting on the story. It helps me understand what yo guys want to read, and I can work with stuff like that.

Secondly, I recently have been reading a lot of Percy Jackson fanfictions, where Percy is betreayed by everyone, and then Chaos finds him and turns him into a powerful reader and all that. I don't know if the Chaos thing is a actual book, but I think it would be really fun to write, So I think I am going to give that a shot, and using different ideas from different stories and stuff. I really hope you guys will read it.

More info will be coming soon.

Once again, thank you guys, I love you all so much :)
Alexa xx