Chapter 10

*PERCY JACKSON*

Jason and I told coach we were missing basketball practice for swim team tryouts, so we ran to the pool and got changed. Luckily we didn't have to wear speedos. Those things make me uncomfortable. We got out onto the pool deck with the other people trying out. Piper and Thalia were both trying out, too. I looked around the pool room. It was amazing! Better than my old schools. That's when I saw the people on the bleachers. I can't believe her. Why is she here watching tryouts! Annabeth  got up and walked over towards Thalia and Piper. She said something to them and they just turned and walked the other way. I just laughed to myself. Annabeth turned away in a huff and went to sit down with her friends. Almost immediately they all started talking to her. I rolled my eyes and turned away. 

*ANNABETH CHASE*

I walk over to wish Thalia and Piper good luck and they just walk away. What happened the heck? I thought we were friends. I go back over and sit down with the girls, who immediately start talking. I see Percy and he just rolls his eyes and turns away. Ouch. Why doesn't he like me? Guys usually go out of their way to try to get me to notice them when I look at them. Whatever.   The swim coach walks in and goes and talks to Percy and Jason. Percy seemed really friendly with him. Maybe they met before? But isn't Percy new? I'm so confused. 

 *PERCY JACKSON*

"Awesome, Mr. Blofis!" Jason exclaimed, "your the new swim coach?"

"Sure am Jason. But don't worry, I won't let Percy on the team just because he's my step son," he said, winking.

"Hey! That means you know I'm the best swimmer in the world!" I said, causing all three of us to laugh.

"Well then Percy, you and Jason can be the first ones to tryout," he said laughing.

"Fine!" I said laughing as well as I walked to the edge of the pool. I dove in and Jason followed.

"Okay guys, on the count of three," Paul said. "One! Two! Three!" I pushed off the wall and started my laps

*ANNABETH CHASE*

Damn Percy was good at swimming! He was a lap ahead of Jason and coming up behind him again. It was like he could breathe underwater. Percy finished his laps and got out of the pool. Jason finished maybe 2 minutes later. "Okay!" Mr. Blofis said. "I think we know you two made the team." He said laughing. The tryouts continued and within the hour the whole swim team was created.

"Okay, next order of business," Mr. Blofis said, "who is going to be our team captain?" Everyone immediately turned to Percy and he started laughing. Jason, Piper and Thalia joined him.

"Well, I take it Percy will be our team captain then," Mr. Blofis said, laughing once again.

"You guys are now free to go, but can you see me after school tomorrow for a short meeting, please and thank-you." Everyone left the pool area and went to the showers and change rooms.

******************************************************

I just realized I have reached 1k views. That is absolutely incredible. Thank- you guys so much.

Also, my other story, The Betrayed Hero of Olympus is updated, Part 1, so pleease go check it out. It really means a lot.

Thanks guys!!

Alexa xx