41. carnival

Aviana entered the carnival as a bundle of worries and complicated feelings. She was wearing jeans and a pink lace top decorated by beadwork, with pearl ornaments. She had no mood getting ready this morning but had forced herself to do so because she had heard that everyone came
to this carnival looking at their best.
In casual clothes, she might have drawn attention to herself.

The carnival was buzzing in a festive mood with people emitting joy and excitement. One side was lined by shops filled with customers searching the right one. Another side was filled with food trucks and tattoo shops. There were few rides in the middle and a ball house for kids.

Bright focus lights stood at the center, while the shops and food trucks were lined by serial lights. Aviana zoomed in on each spot searching for Mikilene. She had thought finding her would be very easy considering the fact that Mikilene liked to dress in a way that would make her the center of attraction. But as everyone was looking equally extraordinary, it was harder than Aviana had imagined.

Instead of finding Mikilene, her eyes landed on someone else. Sitting across her in the tattoo shop, getting his chest tattooed was Ash. This was the first time she was seeing him after he had abruptly taken off from the restaurant that day. Aviana moved through the crowd, to the tattoo shop, her skin sliding with others as she walked.

Ash was on the chair with his shirt off getting a symbol tattooed to his chest. Two girls who were waiting to be tattooed had their eyes fused to his highly distinct, well-developed abs.

"Ash?"

He raised his head to look at her. Seeing her, he paused the tattooing and came towards her with his chest held high. "Aviana, are you ok? Heard about what happened, I was at my friend's. I am really sorry, how is Mrs. Chase?" He hugged her engulfing her in his bare arms.

Aviana tried not to go near his tattooed area, that was difficult because he was pressing her head to his chest. "It's alright Ash. Everything is okay now." She felt glad when she came faraway from the tattooed area as he released her. She smoothed down her hair and let him continue with his tattoo. "Ok bye. I better get going."

When she turned to go, he caught her wrists with totally unnecessary, excessive tightness. "Hey, you do know that I am here for you right?"

"Ya...I should go." Aviana pulled back her wrists and backed away from him, rubbing the place he had caught her. There was no wrong in providing comfort but call it her intuition, his grip was not for comfort at all. It more felt like an unspoken warning, either that or she was overthinking. That would not be surprising taking into account that overthinking was her area of specialization.

She then successfully spotted Mikilene near an ornament shop. She was wearing a long golden gown, which tightly fit her like plastic. Her hair was dyed golden matching her dress. She had on big high heels making her look tall, without them, she would be shorter than Dash.

The other two bees stood near her. Baby was wearing a short black dress, while Scarlet was in her light blue gown. Even with flats, Scarlet was still looming above everybody, even above Mikilene with her high heels. Before all this had happened, Scarlet and Aviana had planned to come to the carnival together. Maybe they could, next year.

Aviana moved to the nearby shop like a cat, careful not to fall in Mikilene's eye. She stood in front of the shop near to where the bees were standing. After she made sure that Mikilene could hear her words clearly, she took out her phone.

"Hello, ya tell me." She spoke in a loud voice to ensure that Mikilene would hear her. Considering the noise full environment of the carnival, no one looked at her oddly.

"Ya, I found the dairy's location. I am taking it tomorrow." She could now feel eyes on her back, concentrated on her words. "Ok bye." As she put the phone inside her handbag she caught the reflection of Mikilene starting at her with slit eyes. That's what I need. The work is done now.

Rejoicing with a proud smirk Aviana went away and exited the carnival not wanting to stand there any longer and hear their cute friendship talks and plans. Plus with an empty stomach, the bright lights and loud noises were making her feel giddy. The plan had been set into motion. Now they would wait for the fish to fall for the bait.

And it would.
______________________________________

🤗Thank you for reading, please don't forget to click the star button, it's equivalent to likes on youtube and could be useful for me🤗