Chapter 28 - The offer

- D-Diego... - Clari stuttered as she saw me.

- Are you pregnant?

- Clari... - Dominguez interrupted - If you keep the baby...

- I'm keeping it! - she cried - I'm not gonna kill my baby for your sake!

Dominguez took a deep breath and he seemed to be wanting to say something, but then he turned around and left.

Seemed like Clari wanted him to just come back, kiss her and say "It's okay, I love you and I'll love this baby too", but it didn't happened and she collapsed on the floor, crying.

Tini tried to calm her down while I was frozen by what I just saw.

Did he really just leave her like this? Does he really this heartless that he made her choose between him and the baby? How heartless a man can be to do something like this with a wonderful woman like Clari?! This is unforgivable.

- Calm down... - I said as I sat next to her on the floor, caressing her back gently - I hate to see you cry...

She didn't say anything, she just hugged me and I hugged her back right away.

- Don't leave me... Please... - she begged.

- Come... Into my dressing room and sit down...

Tini meanwhile had to go to the scene so I was left alone with Clari.

- What am I gonna do?? Where am I gonna go now?? I don't have a place anymore if I keep the baby... But I just can't...

- You don't have to kill it for anyone's sake... - I said as I sat down beside her.

- But what am I gonna do?! He's my boyfriend after all and I should be doing what he...

- No! - I interrupted - Who tells you to abort a baby when he knew you wanted one for some time now doesn't deserve to be your boyfriend... Because he obviously a heartless asshole...

Surprisingly Clari didn't say anything to me calling her boyfriend "an asshole".

- But where am I gonna live now?

- Maybe... Maybe you can come with me to my house... - I said and Clari looked at me, surprised.

- I... I really can't...

- Come on... - I smiled - I have enough space to you and even for the baby... If he won't take you back until it's born...

I truly wish he won't want to take her back at all.

- I... Don't know... What to do anymore....

- Think about my offer first... Because if you can't go anywhere I'm here to help you... Always... - I said as I kissed her hand.

- Thank you... - she smiled at me weakly.

We have been talking for long minutes when I needed to get on scene with her, but I told Martin that she doesn't feel too good so instead let us do another scene where she's not needed.

When I arrived back to the room Clari jumped up from the sofa and came up to me...

- Hey... What's up? - I asked her.

- I've been thinking... And if I really am not a bother... Then I'd accept your offer...

- Really?

She nodded.

- Only if it really is alright for you too...

- Of course it is! I wouldn't have offered this then - I smiled as I hugged her tightly - I'll help you in anything you need, okay?

- Okay... And thank you...