Chapter 21 - Amanda

Annalise turned around in shock to see Amanda standing behind her with an angry look on her face.

- Mother! - she hissed again - What did you say?!

- Amanda... Go back to your room... This is mine and your dad's business - Annalise said, but Amanda came to my side.

- Mom! You can't make me stay away from dad! - she said - You wanted to ruin his life! Why do you do this?!

- Eh...

- I heard everything! Don't play dumb with me!

- Your dad is after a chick that just ruins him!

- You don't even know anything! You didn't see them together even once! Mom... He loves her so let him be...

- B-But Amanda... - Annalise stuttered - Don't you want to live close to Dad again?

- I want to... But if I remember correctly you moved to Madrid with me long time ago... And could of live here...

- Amanda...

- Dad - she now turned to face me - Don't listen to her! She can't keep me away from you!

- Amanda... - I sighed then pulled her into my arms and hugged her tightly.

- Fine - Annalise sighed - Do whatever you two want to... But I wasn't lying, Diego!

- But you made Clari cry... I can't forgive you for that... - I said coldly and she stormed off.

Me and Amanda were standing in the kitchen for a few more minutes in deep silent when she spoke up first...

- Are you okay, Dad? - she asked as she looked up at me.

- Yeah... - I sighed deeply - I'm fine... Just annoyed...

- Me too. I can't believe what my mother said!

- Me either... I don't know if it was true that she loves me, but...

- What?! No! I mean... She has been going out with a guy before I came to visit... - Amanda said - I don't know what she did while I was away... But... Yeah...

- I see - I nodded - So I was right and she really is playing with me...

- Don't think like that...

- I don't know what else should I think... Seriously... - I groaned - Clari was... Well, she was almost crying when she showed me that picture and I don't think she believed me... I don't know what am I gonna do now...

- Prove her that what she saw on the picture is a lie... Show her that you only love her... Do whatever you can to show her that she's the only one that special for you...

I looked at her surprised the pulled her into my arms and hugged her tightly.

- Dad... Are you okay? - she asked as she looked confused at me.

- I am... I'm just so proud of you... I can't describe... - I replied with a smile - I wasn't expecting you to say things like this...

- Oh... Well... I'm smart! - she joked.

- Yes, you are - I smiled - Now... Go back to sleep... I'll be going to sleep as well...

She nodded, kissed my cheek then went back upstairs and a few minutes later I went up as well and sleep.