Chapter 11 - A weekend with my daughter: Part 1

On Saturday I went to get my daughter from the airport and I was soo excited that I didn't even sleep too much last night. I'm just so happy to see her again after so long time!

Annalise told me to be with her as much as I can, or she'll come and bring her back with her and won't let me see her again so I might will bring Amanda to the shooting too to show her how I'm working.

I remember when she was little she always wanted me to know where I am working and what I am actually doing there so this is the time now to show her that!

Anyway I told Clari that we can meet up on Sunday so her and Amanda will get to know each other and the Clari will get to know why is Amanda so important to me...

----- TIME SKIP -----

Saturday morning, 11 am and I'm on my way to the airport.

When I arrived I went in and soon I went in to look for her. I didn't need too much time when I noticed her there out of so many people...

- Dad! - she screamed happily then ran straight into my arms.

- Hello, beautiful - I smiled as I hugged her tightly to me - How are you doing?

- I'm so happy now! You have no idea!

Then I suddenly saw Annalise coming towards us. I didn't know she's coming too though so I was a bit nervous... I hope she doesn't want to be with us non-stop...

- Hello, Diego - she said, not even giving me a smile.

- Hello, Annalise... - I replied.

- No need to be so happy to see me - she said sarcastically - I just came with Amanda to make sure she arrives here safety and you're coming for her...

- What were you thinking? That I'm not coming for her when I want to be her?

- Who knows - she shrugged - Anyway I'm surprised that you didn't bring your girlfriend with you here.

- Girlfriend? - Amanda gasped.

- I don't have a girlfriend - I said, trying to stay calm.

- Really? Then who's that girl that you have been going to the gym with? - she asked while she showed me a picture about me and Clari in the gym. I didn't even noticed anyone taking picture there...

- She's a friend of mine... Nothing more...

- Whatever...

- Mom, dad! - Amanda interrupted - Stop...

- Sorry, darling - said Annalise and kissed her head - So you'll be here together for 3 weeks now so be sure to call me every day, okay?

- Okay, mom... - Amanda groaned then one last goodbyes and Annalise finally left.

I wasn't actually remembering that Amanda will be with me for 3 weeks exactly... But I'm really happy about it.

- So Amanda... - I started - Where shall we go now?

- For now let's go home... I mean to your house... I'm tired from the fly - she replied.

- Alright - I nodded as I hugged her tightly - And my house is your home too, remember that!

- Okay - she smiled then we headed to my car with her luggages and went home.

----- TIME SKIP -----

When we arrived she jumped out of the car excitedly and when we went inside we both sat in the living room...

- Your house is huge! - she said.

- It is - I smiled - But sometimes I feel like it's a bit too big for me...

- Uhm... Can I ask you something?

- Sure, darling. What is it?

- Who's the woman mom was talking about?

- Uhm... She is a friend of mine... We have been working together for a year now and we got very close...

- Very close?

- Just very close...

- Do you love her? - Amanda questioned with a huge, cheeky grin her face.

- I...

- Don't even try to lie to me, Dad! I can see the answer on your face!

At this moment a blushed slightly. She knows me better than I know myself...

- I do... - I sighed.

- Then why don't you tell her?

- That's... That's complicated...

- Well, I have time! - she smiled as she crossed her arms and looked at me.

- Well... Then we'll be here for a while... - I laughed as I began to tell her my story.

I think she's the first person I'm telling this story with everything I had. My feelings, my thoughts... Everything... Because I know I can talk to her about anything... And just now realized how much she have grown up already... And became a fine young lady... Without me even knowing about it...