Chapter 29

Akashi has been thinking about things. He's been thinking about how his life turns the way it is now. He's been thinking how his supposed happy ending with Kuroko ended up so badly. He'd been asking himself over and over again, what went wrong? What made him hurt Kuroko so much? Why did he ever believe that the other does not love him anymore? Why?

So many whys, but no matter how many times he asked himself this question, only one answer resounds. He is stupid. No further answer other than this.

"Your father's quite happy, Akashi." Mayuzumi said. "I heard from his secretary that your father went to a mini gathering. Something about celebrating Kuroko's son's birthday, based on your aura I would say that you were not invited, huh?"

"Chihiro-chan! Please be more considerate!" Reo exclaimed.

"I am. That's why I am reporting the recent happenings." Mayuzumi blankly answered. "By the way, Akashi, I heard a very interesting gossip at the Midorima Hospital."

"What?" Akashi exasperatedly asked. He was already used to Mayuzumi's way of mocking him almost every chance he got. There's quite a few times he's tempted to just fire the guy but the man was unbelievably good at his job.

"Something about Kuroko and Midorima dating." Mayuzumi answered. "Looks like he already moved on. Good for him, don't you think?"

"Chihiro-chan, if you don't have anything good to say then don't say it, okay!" Reo said.

"What?" Chihiro looked over to Reo. "I'm saying it because it's good. Kuroko dating someone again after everything that happened to him is a great thing. It can only means that his heart is already healed to a certain extent that let him fall in love again. Or are you saying that you'd rather have Kuroko stay broken for our boss here?"

"That..." Reo eyes darts around. Kuroko is their friend. For the all years that Kuroko dated their boss and former classmate, they had already share a fair amount of friendship. He could never wish for his friend to be hurt forever. Heck he's still feeling guilty over his failure of verifying the complete truth about those gossips! If only he were good enough.... Kuroko and Akashi wouldn't experience all of this!

"Tetsuya's not mine anymore, huh...." Akashi turned his chair around and looks out the window. He could see the entire city from where he was in his office. It was such a splendid view, but he doesn't have any strength left to admire it.

*******

-So, you're telling me that you're already dating that green haired monkey?

"Please stop calling Midorima-kun that, Nash-kun."

-I thought I told you to wait for me!

"Why would I wait for you?" Kuroko asked as he tilts his head. "Besides, you said that you'll have to stay in America for two years for that business merge."

-You..... – Nash put his hand on his face. Exasperatedly thinking what to do to this oblivious guy. He's only gone for a month and he's already dating that green haired monkey! –Fuck! I knew I shouldn't left before I got a word from you! That green haired monkey sure is fast!

"Word? What word?" Kuroko asked. "And, Nash-kun, why did you start calling him that again? You are already calling him by his name, right?"

-Nah...- He leaned back his chair as he stare at the blue haired beauty on his laptop. –Decided to call him a monkey again. Damn. I should have never trusted that guy! Did red haired monkey bother you again?

"No." Kuroko answered.

-I see. Is the green haired monkey with you?

"No. He's working."

-I see. – Nash started thinking. –You two... You've got plans for marriage?

"...We're not talking about that yet." Kuroko answered.

-Good. Don't talk about marriage until I'm back. Later. – Nash cuts off the call.

"Nash-k..." Kuroko lets out a deep sigh. "He never change."

********

"Midorima-san?" The nurse calls as she knocks on Midorima's office. "I'm coming in." She said as she opened the door and went in.

"What's the matter?" Midorima asked as he puts down the patient's file he's been reading.

"The new intern's already here. And I believe he's been assigned to you." The nurse said as she beckoned someone in. "Here he is."

"G-Good morning! I'm Sakurai Ryo! I'll be under your care, Midorima-sensei!"

Midorima fixed his glasses in place. "Not that I'm expecting you but since you're already here do your job."

"S-Sorry?" Sakurai answered confusedly.

"Don't mind Midorima, sensei..." The nurse smiled at the intern. "He's a tsundere." She whispered.

"I see...." Sakurai straightened his back. "I'll do my best, Midorima-sensei!"

*******************

How's everyone?

Hope you are all in good health!

By the way, Sakurai here has already overcome his self blame personality. But he'll still be an apologetic mushroom once caught in surprise.

And to anyone who's wondering why Kuroko's behaving like that in the previous chapter, let's not forget that Kuroko was fresh out of a broken relationship. One that he thought that would be forever.

Anyways, sorry for my absence this past few months. I'm not abandoning my story. Just fixing here and there in the plot. I know I would not be able to please anyone with how my story goes (I do read your comments and messages by the way) but please stay with me 'til the end.

Thanks!

YukiGane