Chapter 2

Midorima’s POV

After I forced Akashi and the others to go home, I dropped by Kuroko’s room to check on him. To my surprise, he’s already awake. He looked at me with his big blue eyes but the shine that was on it before was gone. “Kuroko.”

He tried to sit up but failed. I went to his side and helped him up. He tried to say something but his voice won’t come out. “It’s all right. You don’t need to say anything.”

He nodded.

“Kuroko, seeing that you are awake now, I have to tell you something.” He looked at me. “I saw something odd on one of your tests that I ran in the lab. I decided to run some more tests and…. Kuroko, you’re pregnant.” His eyes went big. I sat on the bed and stare at him. “What do you plan to do? Should I tell Akashi for you?”

He shook his head.

“Why? He’s the father of your child. You have to tell him about this.”

He shook his head again, this time, tears starting to flow out of his eyes.

“All right. I won’t say a word.” Midorima said. “But you’ll have to tell him about this eventually. Your stomach won’t stay flat for long.”

He nodded his head indicating that he understood what I said.

“If you’re wondering were Akashi is, I forced him to go home to fix himself.”

He stared down on his hands on the top of his lap.

“You better sleep now.” I forced him to lay down again and fix the blanket. “Everyone will be here once you open your eyes.”

*********

Kuroko’s POV

“You’re telling us that he woke up last night? Why didn’t you tell us that, Shintaro?” Is that Akashi?

“Calm down, Sei. Midorima-san is just worried about you.” That voice… That’s Furihata-kun. Why is he here?

I slowly opened my eyes, looking around and observing the people inside my room. Akashi-kun is arguing with Midorima-kun. Furihata-kun is trying to pacify him by touching his arm and it’s taking effect.

“Tetsu?” I heard a voice on my left side. Aomine-kun is sitting on the chair by my bed staring at me. “Tetsu! You’re awake!”

“Tetsuya!” Akashi-kun run over to me in a blink of an eye and grabbed my hands lovingly. “You’re awake… You’re finally awake!” I flinched when my wrists hurt from the sudden movement.

“He’s injured! Try to be more careful, Akashi!” Midorima scolded him.

“I’m sorry. Did I hurt you?” Akashi asked with his eyebrows furrowed.

“…. Yes… You did and it hurts so much.…“  I answered as I pulled my hands back from him.

“You’re talking about your wrists, right?” Aomine-kun asks which earned him a smack on the back of his head from Kagami-kun. “What the hell?!”

“Yes. I am.” I answered. “So… I did not die, huh?”

“Kuro-chin… don’t speak like you really wanted to die.” Murasakibara-kun said.

“But I really do want to die.” I answered. “That way, you won’t be burdened by guilt.”

“What do you mean?” Murasakibara-kun asked.

“Hiding them from me.” I answered as I looked over to Akashi-kun and Furihata-kun.

Their eyes went big right after I said that. “You really think I wouldn’t notice?” I asked. “I even chose last night to commit suicide because I know that you’re heading somewhere With Furihata-kun to celebrate the happiness of your anniversary. If I know that you’ll be back home that early, I would have killed myself the moment you left our house.”

“What… What are you saying, Tetsuya. This is not-“

“Don’t you dare deny it, Akashi-kun.” I said. “You really think I’m that stupid?! You really think that I wouldn’t learn of it?! I know that you’ve been cheating on me for three years now! I know that almost all of the business trips and really important meeting that you said you’re going to is not really a business trip but a vacation or a date with him!” My emotions just exploded; everything that I’ve been keeping inside of me is now slipping out. “Why? Is it because I still haven’t given you a child? Is it because I’m not good in bed? Is he better than me? Is he a better fuck than m-“ A slap landed on my face before I could even finished my words.

“You bastard! Why the hell did you hurt Tetsu?!” Aomine-kun hurriedly pushed Akashi-kun away from me.

That’s it. I could never stop myself from crying now. Tears just kept on escaping my eye as I held my cheek that’s still stinging from the pain of his slap. “Please leave… I… I don’t want to see you. I don’t want to hear your voice. I don’t want to be near you. I…” I clutched my chest. “It hurts… It hurts so much…” And before I knew it, I fainted.

**************

Third person’s POV

“You’re marrying him.” Masaomi asked his son as he looked over to Furihata, his son’s ‘mistress’ that cause his son’s fiancé to almost kill himself.

“Yes, Father.”

“What about Tetsuya?”

“I’m breaking up with him.”

“For him.”

“For him and our child.” Seijuuro held Furihata’s hand. “He’s pregnant with my child, Father.”

Masaomi stared at his son. He’s exasperated with what his son is doing right now. “What brought this change? You disobeyed me for years when I expressed my discontent on your relationship with Tetsuya and when I finally gave you my blessing you decided to break it all off and marry another guy.”
Seijuuro and Furihata kept their silence. Their hands tightened against each other quietly waiting for Masaomi’s next words.
“Since I had given you my blessing to marry Tetsuya who’s a man, I don’t see any other reason to not give you my blessing to marry him.” Masaomi answered.

“Thank you, Father.”

Years added to his life gradually changed Masaomi. He used to be a really strict man but years of butting heads with his son and his now ex-lover Tetsuya softened him.
“You’re dismissed.” He said as he turned his attention back to his work.

After the two left, Masaomi fell into deep thinking. “Love and its fickleness…” Shaking his head, he leans his back to his chair. “I just hope that my son was not making a wrong decision. And I hope he will not regret this."