Chapter 7: We can't live together.

Before we start please be reminded that the LAST GAME didn’t happen in this universe.

Enjoy!

******

Momoi already started living in Aomine’s house. She reasoned that because they’re about to get married in under two months they should start cohabitating to practice. It goes well on the first few days, but then, Momoi suddenly realized something that’s detrimental for their relationship.

That is, her future husband’s overwhelming concern for Kuroko Tetsuya.

******

“Tetsu, how many times do I have to tell you about eating on time?” Aomine said as he tried feeding Kuroko the lunch that he cooked for him.

“I’m not hungry, Aomine-kun.”

“You should eat. If you’re not hungry, the baby is.” Aomine insisted.

“I don’t think the baby likes the food you made.” Kuroko put a hand on his baby bump. It’s quite obvious now, he’s already on his fourth month. “And it doesn’t smell nice.”

“Why you!!” Aomine breathes deeply. He tried his best to calm himself down for the sake of his former shadow. “Look. You need proper nutrition for the baby. Just éat everything and I promise I’ll take you to Maji to buy your favorite vanilla milkshake.”

“You would?” Kuroko looked up at him sheepishly.

Aomine smiled. “I will.” He ruffled the shadow’s hair and stated, “Do you want me to feed you or can you eat by yourself?”
“I can feed myself just fine.” Kuroko answered.

******

“Are you cold?” Aomine asked as he sat down by his bestfriend’s side.

“I am. I don’t get why you see the need to take me to your dress rehearsal on the middle of March.” Kuroko said. He’s not even hiding his irritation on being dragged to the cold city just to sit down and watch Aomine fit his suit.

“I don’t feel at ease living you all alone in the house.” Aomine took off his jacket and scarf and put it on Kuroko. “Wear this. We can’t have you getting sick.”

“What about you?”

“You really think I would get sick?” Aomine grinned as he sat down by his shadow’s side.

“How could I forget? Idiots don’t get sick.”

“You!”

*******

There’s a lot more that would make an outsider think that Kuroko is the one Aomine’s getting married to. Whenever they’re out, the tanned ma would attend to Kuroko like he was the only person in the world. You won’t even think that he was capable of that kindness until you watched him being that kind and gentle to Kuroko.
And this is a wakeup call for Momoi.

“This won’t do. I got to do something to make sure that I would still be the one Dai-chan’s getting married to!” Pumping her fist and gathering her resolve, she decided to talk to Kuroko.

*****

Momoi waited until Aomine had to leave to take care of his investments. She knew that this would be her only chance to once and for all ascertain that she’s the one that’s going to be Aomine’s one and only. She used to love Kuroko and she really liked him. But all of that was in the past. She can’t have her heart broken again by him.

Not this time.

“Satsuki-chan, what do you want to talk about?” Kuroko asked as he innocently sipped his vanilla milkshake.