Chapter 23:

“This is…” Aomine couldn’t believe what he was reading. “What the hell… isn’t this Hanamiya Makoto? What the hell does he have to do with this?”

“That smart ass was the one that trespassed and drugged Akashi-san.”

“Why the hell would he do that?” Aomine asked again.

“According to my data, their family’s company tried to directly compete with the Akashi Group of Companies, as a result, their family was completely defeated.” Imayoshi explained.

“And he wants to kill Akashi because of that?”

“No. Not kill.” He answered. “He might have done a lot of shady things but killing is not one of those.”

“Then what the hell is he aiming for?”

“Making him as miserable as he is.”

“And Tetsu got caught up in all of it?”

“Exactly.” Imayoshi smirked. “Furihata Kouki is such a good schemer. To think that he got the man and break Kuroko-san’s heart to the point of no return…”

*******

Midorima is very worried for Kuroko’s well-being.

It had been two weeks after what happened to Kuroko. After receiving the report, Kuroko told the police that he won’t be filing a case against Akashi. He said that they were both victim of circumstances and he refused to detail the horrifying experience that he’d been through.

Midorima think otherwise. He thought that filing a case is better than letting it be.  But he respects Kuroko’s decision.

The bluenette is now focusing his attention on Taiyou but he knows that Kuroko is hurt.

With no choice left, he decided to call someone for help.

“Kuroko, someone is here to see you.” Midorima announced.

Kuroko was busy playing with his son when he heard Midorima. He looked up at the other man and asked, “Who is it?”

“Tetsuya. Don’t tell me you have forgotten my face?”

Kuroko’s face lit up as he stood up and greeted the other person. “Nash-kun!”

Nash flashed his signature grin. “Is that young one your son Taiyou?”

“Yes.” Kuroko approached Nash and showed him his son. “Taiyou this is Uncle Nash. He’s the one that saved you and mommy.”

Taiyou eyed the tall man standing in front of his mommy. He stared at the other man’s eyes for a while, afterwards he hugs his mommy’s neck tighter and started blabbering out loud. It’s as if the little man sensed something and decided to protect his clueless mommy from the predator that’s eyeing him.

“What’s wrong Taiyou?” Kuroko, puzzled by his son’s action, asked. “What got you so fired up?”

Nash smiled knowingly. It’s quite interesting that the baby has gotten wind of his intention towards his mother, while the person his intention is directed to is totally clueless. Too bad this red haired baby is still young. He won’t be able to stop him from sweeping his gorgeous mother off his feet. “That’s how boys should be. I think he’s just excited to see me.”

Midorima fixed his glasses as he tried his best to stop himself from retorting. As a man himself, he knows exactly what Nash thinks about Kuroko. No man would rush from the other side of the world and cancel all of his appointments to visit someone that’s not really important to them. He was about to say something when his phone suddenly ring. “I need to answer this, Kuroko. I trust that I can leave you alone with him?”

“I’ll be fine, Midorima-kum. Just… don’t take too long.” Kuroko answered. He was well aware of how much he had become emotionally dependent on Midorima. But for him and his son, he feels that being with Midorima is the most secure and safest place to be.

“I understand.” He slightly nod his head at Nash and left.

“You and Midorima… has become a lot closer than the last time I talked to you.” Nash commented.

“He’s been a really huge help to me.” Kuroko answered. “Come, have a sit.” Kuroko put Taiyou down on his playpen. “I’ll get you something to drink. Please watch Taiyou for me.”

Taiyou stayed put on where his mommy put him down. He was staring intently at the other man that was sitting on their sofa watching him. Nash on the other hand was watching the baby in amusement. Just one look at the kid and you can tell that his father is that red haired monkey. Even the way the kid is scrutinizing him is the same as that monkey. “You should try being nice to me little kid. I might be your future father.”

Taiyou, as if understanding what the other man said, started blabbering angrily. He crawled and grabbed the fence to be able to stand up, though a bit shaky, and kept on blabbering baby words that only he could understand.

The baby’s reaction only fuelled Nash’s amazement. “You are so much alike your father. This is exactly how he reacts when I say something concerning Tetsuya.”

“What’s wrong with you, Taiyou?” Kuroko came in with pastries and beverages. He put it down on the table and approached his ‘raging baby’. “What had gotten you so mad?” He picked him up in hopes of appeasing him but he continued blabbering much to Kuroko’s amusement. “What has gotten you so serious?” He pretended that he understood what his baby is saying and kept on nodding his head as he sat down on the couch opposite Nash.

The sight was heart-warming. Needless to say, seeing Kuroko and Taiyou seriously discuss something as if they both understood each other is comical yet breathtakingly beautiful. He could see in Kuroko’s eyes how much he loves his son. How much he cares for him and the same could be seen on the little man that’s relentlessly nagging his clueless mother.

At this moment, Nash reached a conclusion on his heart. He should start courting this beautiful man in front of him before Taiyou reach primary school. This little man would be a very scary goalkeeper if he kept on dilly dallying.

*****

A short chapter for now.

Enjoy!

YukiGane