Chapter 11

Kuroko is now currently recovering at Midorima’s home. He wanted to stay at the hospital to take care of his baby but Midorima won’t let him. He’s still weak and susceptible to illness and the only thing he could do now for his baby is to stay home obediently and rest. Once he get back his health, Midorima had promised him a job at the hospital so he would be able to stay near his baby and work for his baby’s needs.

Another change in his life right now is that he’s currently seeing Nash in a different light. A day after he woke up, he sent Nash a message thanking him for saving his son’s life. He didn’t like him before. Honestly. Ever since the first day he met him, that guy has been against him. The man can be very charming when it’s not them he’s talking to but turned really arrogant and rude when it comes to them. But with this event happening in their life, he could see them starting to build friendship.

“Kuroko.”

Kuroko stopped his musings and looked over to where the voice came from. “Midorima-kun, you’re late. Kotarou-kun had already went home.”

“Sorry about that. You’re not doing anything important as of now, are you?”

“No. Not all. I am just cleaning up my teaching materials.”

“Good. Leave that for a bit. Someone’s here to see you.”

“Who?” Kuroko asked, following after Midorima as the latter strode off to the living room. He was greatly surprised when he saw the person waiting for him. “Akashi-san?”

The said man stood up from where he was seated and smiled a bit at Kuroko’s direction. “Tetsuya, it was nice to see you again.”

“Akashi-san… what are you doing here?” His eyes widened as he comes to a realization. “Are you here to take my son from me? I won’t! I won’t give you my son!”

“Tetsuya, I am not here to take your son away from you.” Masaomi reassured the younger man. “I am here to ask permission from you to visit my grandson. I have told you my intention before and that is to become a part of his life.”

“B-But… A-Akashi-kun hates me…” Midorima guided Kuroko to take his seat as he gestured the older man to sit as well.

“And I believe that he is being stupid.” Masaomi answered. “And him hating you doesn’t deter my desire to have a connection with my grandson.”

“I…” Kuroko took a deep breath. He knows deep inside his heart that what Masaomi was asking for is not something that he cannot give. The man wants to meet his grandson and he seems like he’s pretty serious about it. Nothing bad would happen if he gave in to the man’s request, wouldn’t it? “Visitors were not yet allowed for him… I.. He was born premature. 24 weeks into my full term and he needed to be placed in the NICU for a long time.” Kuroko’s already an emotional wreck. He can’t remember how many times he had cried already whenever he saw his baby lying in his incubator, whenever he remember that his baby is fighting for his life. “He was so small… So so small…” Kuroko buried his face on his palms, letting the tears flow out. It took him a while to calm himself before he faced him again. “I understand that you wanted to be part of his life, I won’t take that from you… Once, once the neonatologist gave the signal, I would contact you but for now… for now I needed some time alone with him.”

“I understand.” Masaomi smiled. “Have you named him yet?”

Kuroko gave him a wonderful smile. “Yes. I named him Taiyou. Kuroko Taiyou.”

********

Baby Taiyou is progressing steadily. Although there were nights when he would suddenly got a phone call from the hospital telling him that his baby had coded that night and had to revived. That night he kept on crying as Midorima drive him to the hospital. Those were the nights that he was thankful for Midorima. He had become his chest to cry on, the arms that embraced him as he cried his heart out while watching his baby fight for his life.