Chapter 18: Let's celebrate.

“Let’s go out.”

Midorima’s hands that was holding the diaper stiffened. His head turned towards Kuroko so fast he almost got a stiff neck. “What?” Midorima, who is changing Taiyou’s diaper, asked. “Go out?”

“Yes. We weren’t able to celebrate your birthday last July so I figured I should treat you out.” Kuroko answered. He was folding Taiyou’s clothes and neatly arranging it on his drawer.

“Oh… you mean to eat somewhere. Not… Never mind.” Midorima awkwardly mumbled. He clearly thought of something else but decided to take it off of his mind. “Okay. Have you prepared Taiyou’s bag?”

“No. We won’t be taking Taiyou with us.” Kuroko answered. “Sister-in-law’s already here and she agreed to take care of Taiyou for the day.” Midorima’s sister-in-law is so fond of Kuroko that she just directly told him to call her sister-in-law.

Taiyou’s doing his best to stop Midorima from changing his diaper. His little fists are clenched tightly as he cried while looking at his ‘mother’, asking for his help. Kuroko laughed lightly as he pats his baby’s clenched fists. “Why are you so mad? Uncle Shin is cleaning your tiny cute butt. You should thank him instead of getting really really mad.”

“He never liked it whenever we’re changing his diapers.” Midorima answered as he finished up the job and handed the angry crying baby to his mother. “And I always ends up the villain whenever this happens.”

“That’s because my baby loves me, isn’t that right, Taiyou?” Kuroko kissed his baby’s forehead. “Stop crying now, baby. Uncle Shin was already done changing your diaper. Aunt Rika’s already downstairs to take care of you with Kotarou-kun.” Kuroko said. “So stop crying already. You don’t want your Aunt and Kotarou-kun to see you crying like this, right baby?” He then put his baby on his chest and made the baby’s head rests on his shoulder. He gently pats Taiyou’s back as he coax him to stop crying. Taiyou clings to his mother’s clothes tightly, trying his best to hide himself in his mother’s neck.

Midorima moves closer to the mother and child and pats the baby’s back. “Stop crying already. I’m sorry, okay? I’ll be careful not to hurt your little ego, sweet sunshine.” He kissed the back of the baby’s head.

Midorima’s sister-in-law and Kotarou had just arrive and witness the scene.

“Your uncle and tutor looks like a happily married husband and husband.” His sister-in-law commented.

“I think Uncle’s interested on sensei. He just doesn’t know it yet.” Kotarou agreed. “I hope he got Kuroko-sensei first. That Gold-san’s been talking to sensei quite frequently. It’s quite evident that he likes sensei.”

“Gold-san?”

“The Conglomerate. Nash Gold Jr.”

“You mean the guy that’s calling your uncle ‘green haired monkey’?”

“That’s him.” Kotarou answered.

*******

Kuroko took Midorima to a Japanese style restaurant. Despite Kuroko’s love for milkshakes, he still decided to go to a restaurant that would be more to MIdorima’s liking. After all, this dinner is meant to show Midorima how much he appreciate the other man’s existence in his and Taiyou’s life.

“I’m sorry, Miodrima-kun. This is the only restaurant that allows me to dine. But I assure you they serve the best red bean soup,.” Kuroko said as they took their seat. “I was trying my best to learn how to cook red bean soup for you but… I’m still working on it. So, for now, I’m going to treat you and introduce to you the best red bean soup.”