so-called concord

so-called concord

august19twenty20

well, I kinda hate that you were right all along. but you were.

let's talk, let's talk. ignore that sidestepped denial, we'll decorate it (like always). is it obliviousness or is it all so poisoning?

stumbling through the dark in fear while it whispers back to you. you're more afraid. afraid of the saccharine blades and how close they could get to your throat if you aren't careful. excuse those sharp words, as you did for so long.

but that should not be the case - the journey looks pure but its trajectory has been butchered. under pushpin maps and perfect plans lie twisted pain. so twisted that adjacent branches are suffocated, but convinced that their struggle comes from within.

false prophets spouted rationalizations that became more and more bitter with time. our brains became a cacophony of regret and entrapment. how dare we think of abandonment. how dare we when your toes are dangling over such a looming precipice? 

while platitudes are fine and well, beyond their surface lies no depth within. it all comes down to the surrender. what normalcy it has become, and how entrenched its defense is in our conscious.

but after letting go? a new sort of surrender all on its own - it is not war and victory, but it yields (some of) the same rewards.

there is no regret. only growth and peace. the fight goes on