glass walls

glass walls

april27twenty21

drink water. away from breathing. focus and suffer and focus and suffer more.

you knew they were going to talk. why do you let it bother you? why have you lied this whole time preaching obsidian defenses? you thought you knew what was happening. you thought the handcuffs were pretty.

such a waste, right? what are we if not contributing members of society? smiling workaholics with blurry hands like in the cartoons. turns out they're blurry because years of forced speediness deforms them. breaks them. will I ever be able to feel calm again?

they're going to mourn and that is infuriating. mourning - for what? mourning lost potential, mourning an Ivy League masochist, mourning the pedestal, oh how unfortunate. he's not dead, you know. we should be celebrating.

but words seep in these defenses left willfully cracked, we ignored the fissures until they started to burn. unconsciously productive, unknowingly destructive. you would think those two words are opposites, right? they should be. they never are.

god, I'm so angry. why have we chosen oblivion thinking it to be righteous? why do we think suffering is simply fodder for the grind? I'm so tired and broken.

I'm so tired and broken