The Knife which Tempted

One month later, in S.H.I.E.L.D.'s hellicarrier...

Percy lay on his bed in his room with the door closed, listening to some music from his earphones. He was a Level 9 agent now. He had just tried using his telekinetic abilities, which he got from the phoenix's blessing and that has given him a major headache. With every up comes a down. Like when he uses any element other than water or earth, he has to use a lot of energy. And that sucks sometimes. So he usually, and strictly, sticks to water and earth. He thinks it's got to do with those being his birth elements or something. Well at least he has been able to hide his little secret from the others by making his tattoo invisible.

He let his senses wonder around, not really expecting anything. What he totally did not expect was a small faint aura powerfully tempting him to go towards it. He turned on his side, hoping it was just a god or monster which could go away soon. However when it did not go away; he finally gave in as his curiosity got the better of him.

He snuck through the corridors towards the exit. There was not too much security at this time. He had to just show his identity pass to some guards and that was all it took for them to let him peacefully board a quinjet. He was a mile away from S.H.I.E.L.D. before you can say Wait! He certainly did not want Clint, or Fury or the Avengers on his tail. That would end in all his secrets getting discovered. So no risking, better safe than sorry.

He jet landed in a place covered with snow, somewhere near South Pole. He looked up to see the Aurora Australis in the night sky high above. They. Were. Beautiful. The cold was not affecting him, perks of being blessed.

According to the aura he can sense, which was a lot more powerful now that he is so close to it, it was coming from his left. He started walking, taking in the scenery. Everything was covered in snow. His feet left deep tracks in the snow.

He wondered if he can meet Santa Claus. Oh wait, Santa Claus lives in North Pole, right? This is South. That's unfortunate. By the way, where are the penguins? He wants to see penguins! Oh, and seals too! People say he sometimes looks like a cute baby seal.

He shook his head to get rid of all the childish thoughts. No, he means business here. Concentrate!

Some yards ahead; he could see a burning fire, a log of wood like a seat, a streaming bowl of noodles and a box. A metallic box with a sliding lid. And the aura was coming from it. He looked around, wondering who made all this and how the fire was not extinguished from the cold. All he could see for miles was just snow. No person or animal. The place did not have a trace of life.

Then he saw something he had not noticed before. A neatly folded piece of paper near the fire. He opened it, sitting on the log.

Hello Percy,

Okay so I am not going to be much formal here. The noodles are for you. I cooked them. Hope they at least edible. The fire? I don't really know .Guess it looks homely. So to business. I, uh, looked at what the Fates have planned for you and I thought it was bad and I wanted to help but however there are some ancient laws even for me and I have a reputation to keep up among the immortals. So I did the least I can do and sent you a dagger of Chaotic Silver (It's in the box). It knows how to conceal itself so you don't have to worry about that. It will help you defend yourself against the Dreathi. I don't know why my brother Void created them in the first place and how he and Tartarus have such a nice relationship, but the dagger's useful. It will help you get revenge. Use it at the worst of situations. It can be harmful. It even has the ability to make a minor good fade in one strike if used properly. So you can imagine. Yeah, I guess that's it.

- Chaos

P.S.: Happy Birthday to you!

P.P.S: What you did for the phoenixes was wonderful.

Wait... birthday? His birthday is tomorrow. He took out his phone and saw the time. 1:13 am. Damn it! He has been here this long? He needs to go. He gobbled down the noodles, which were delicious by the way. And wrote a note to Chaos on the back of his letter.

Lord Chaos,

The noodles were wonderful. Thank you for everything. I will not disappoint you.

- With all due respect

Percy Jackson

He left the note near the fire and quickly made his way to his jet, which was covered with a thin layer of snow. His head was still overloaded with information. The creator of the freaking universe sent him a letter; he did not know whether to dance around singing 'Happy Birthday to me!' or to stand still and bow to the Auroras till his back aches.

*

When he reached S.H.I.E.L.D. ; it was already late morning, with the sun high up in the sky. He was greeted by a very curious looking Clint.

'Where were you? Natasha was worried. We asked the almost every guard and one told that you flew off somewhere with a quinjet at 11:49 pm last night!'

'Hawaii seemed like a nice place to be. I can go there right?' He did not say he went to Hawaii, he just said it seemed like a nice place to be. It's not lying, right?

'You went to Hawaii?' Clint gave him an odd look. 

Percy shrugged.

'So what are your plans for the day?' Clint asked changing the subject.

'Nothing really, I am gonna take today off duty.'

'Oh so can you come to the Tower today for dinner, right?'

'Sure, see you later.' Percy changed his course. All he wants to do right now is topple on his bed and go for a century long sleep. And knowing the others, they were probably planning a surprise party.