Oceanus's Army

Outside the camp's border were a minor army of about ninety monsters, which felt completely wrong. And he could have sworn he sensed some disturbances from the sea. So he did the only thing he could do; he went there. And there before him lay the main threat, an army of about thousand or so monsters, all lead by Oceanus. Where did he get all this monsters from? No wonder there were so less monster attacks, they were gathering together! Why did no one thought about this before? Silly them!

Percy debated on the idea of calling his comrades. The battle at the other end of the camp, the farthest from the beach, which now Percy realized as a distraction, had already begun and he wasn't sure they could hear him; they seemed pretty engrossed. Oh, and Oceanus had already noticed him.

'Well if it isn't the famous Perseus Jackson', he sneered. His army consisted of the same type of monsters, with greenish-blue tinted skin, yellowed fangs, large claws and scaly legs with spikes on their back. They had red eyes and slits instead of nose. He considered the situation, a huge chance of death and little chance of success. But when has luck ever been on his side? So he did what felt right; he charged. Call him stupid but he didn't know what else to do. The water was his home domain. But so was it of Oceanus too. The monsters, seeing his approach, charged too. Percy dodged, slashed and killed monsters one after the other. His experience in Tartarus and his Achilles curse coming in handy. He did not know from where he got the strength but adrenaline seemed to be coursing through his veins. Every battle instinct kicked in. Pretty soon all the monsters were disintegrated, which surprised Oceanus as well as Percy. No, snap out of it. Not the time to be surprised. Red signal, enemy ahead!

'Hmm...You are not as weak as I thought', Oceanus mused.

'Tartarus does give you a head start on how to fight monsters'.

Oceanus' face hardened on the mention of Tartarus. He snarled and charged. Percy countered it with a blow of his own. He went on defense studying Oceanus' movements. Looks like fish-pants does know how to use a trident. He found an opening on the left side of Oceanus; he just needed to widen it. So he made a false charge towards his left - Oceanus' right. He fell for it, leaving his left side completely unguarded, a fatal mistake on his part. Percy stuck his sword in the exposed skin under his armor and Oceanus howled, glowed and disappeared in golden dust which glowed in the sun like glitter. 

How can something so shiny and pretty come after killing something so ugly. And come to think of it, monsters are quite inspiring, how they always get killed and come back again. They just never give up.

Oh, he thought, I'm going crazy. 

The adrenaline which kept Percy going disappeared in an instant making him feel light-headed. He fell on the ground and his head, being one of the unlucky parts, hit a rock. The other battle must have stopped because everything was slowly calming down throughout the camp. He saved the camp, was his last thought and then he fell into the blissful darkness.