Press Conference

Sophia's POV

He really gets on my nerves. Why does he think he is better than anyone else. I know that since he was born, he got all the attention in the world, being the son of the top producer, Nathaniel Blue and Evelyn Rose, the best actress of her time. She was one of the reasons I wanted to be an actress myself. Why am I even spoiling my mood thinking about him?

The car stops in front of the hotel where the intimate press conference is to be held. I get out before I could be spotted by any of the cameras. The manager escorts me into one of the ball rooms of the hotel.

As I stand at the door, I see so many people, reporters, film distributors, cameramen. Quite contrary to it being intimate. I scan through the room to look for familiar faces when I spot Christopher among the sea of people.

" Hello Sophia", he says.

" Hello....so this is intimate", I state with my tone making it sound more like a question.

" Not really. I was expecting my manager to spread the word more."

"But it wouldn't have been intimate then", I say

Not like it is even now.

" I don't think you have met many cast members till now. Come I will introduce you to them."

" It feels like I have met the whole crew though."

" Yeah.....I have been told I have that kind of an effect", Aaron joins in the conversation.

I couldn't even answer back because it didn't want to upset Christopher by showing him that the actors who are supposed to be sharing such a strong chemistry on screen can't even have a decent conversation with each other just yet.

"What kind of a foolish person wouldn't? You are Aaron Blue."

"I can name a few."

I suck in a breath in order to calm myself since I understood exactly who he meant.

"You know this is quite refreshing", says Christopher," it is good to see that you guys get on so well unlike most of the other actors who simply have no connection with each other and their facade can be seen through the interviews and the promotions."

"We do? ", I question.

How could he see us have an emotional connection when the only feelings we have for each other can be described in one single word, 'HATE'.

" Of course, I saw you at the masquerade ball and we had been looking for someone who could reach Aaron's level but we didn't find anyone but when I saw you there I realised what a lovely couple you two made."

I looked at Aaron to see his expression but it had gone back to those unreadable serious ones. Why does he do that?

What is up with him? Does he find being linked  to me so demeaning? I shouldn't care. Why should it bother me that he doesn't like the thought of us being a couple? It shouldn't but.....for some odd reason it does.

Someone comes and informs us that the it was time for the commencement of the event and all of us are escorted to the the table and chairs set up with microphones to one end of the room while the reporters get seated in the long rows of chairs in front. There were also some other actors, writers who sat with us but unfortunately, I had not jasd the chance to meet any of them yet.

I was seated between Aaron and Christopher.

The first few questions were related to the script and the casting. By the interest of yeb reporters in every small detail of the movie from the designer whose clothes the characters would be wearing to the number of days the shooting was expected to go on, they wanted to know every detail and my I knew that it had to do something with Aaron being the male lead and all the female attention it would get this project and their shows and magazines.

Then a girl gets up with blonde hair and wearing a short red body hugging dress. She seemed more from the industry than a reporter from the media.

" My question is for Aaron", she says while passing a flirtatious smile."You just dropped a super hit song that has also been nominated for the Grammys and your last movie also won Oscars so didn't you have any choice in your co-star?"

Seriously? Jealous much.

"Yes......"

"Karen", she says.

But he ignores and continues," I did and it was fulfilled because I got Sophia."

I looked at him, surprised. He was looking straight at the reporter with a bold expression. He seemed so genuine and true that noone would even recognise that he was acting, wasn't he?

" I have a question for Sophia", someone speaks up.

I look in front.

" Ma'am, first of all, congratulations on the Oscar nominations."

" Thank you", I reply.

".....and I wanted to ask you about your  relationship with Colton Jacques. There are talks that you guys are engaged so how does it feel romancing his own best friend on screen."

" What", I blurt out.

That's when he passes a printout of the TMZ news to me. I read from where I left where there was an animation of a guy and a girl who are not dating.

The two are actually engaged as reported a source who was present at the same coffee shop at the time and overheard the couple. The blue eyed beauty would be seen romancing the rockstar and famous actor Aaron Blue who also happens to be Colton Jacques' best friend. What do you think? Will it make things awkward or maybe the beauty moves on the popular heartthrob. Message us your replies.

What the hellllll.

So that is what Izzy was talking about. Someone probably heard the conversation we had in the cafeteria.

"We are dating?", he asks weirded out by me.

"Not actually......"

He draws in a sigh of relief. I would be shocked too if a person who I had just met two minutes ago, claimed to be my boyfriend.

"..............after you proposed to me last night", I say, giving him a smile.