I Am Not Gonna Lie

Sophia's POV

The next morning, I get up and go to the gym.After having worked out for an hour, I get home, take a shower and see that I had missed two calls from Dave,my manager. I call him back.

"Hey Dave"

"Good morning, Sophia"

"Good morning....I just saw your missed calls"

"Oh yeah.....I called to know if you had gone through the scripts that I sent over", he says,sounding excited.

"Yeah...I have but have you?They are very......"

"Stunning", he says confidently.

"Well not exactly the word I was going for."

"Yeah right......more like sensational. They are the perfect blend of drama, love and heartache."

More like headache but I don't say anything since Dave has a strong instinct for good scripts and if he thinks that they are that great then maybe I should reconsider.

" But I never really took you as a Twilight fan", I say, remembering the one about the vampire and werewolf.

"I sure am not one, especially after reading that one about the vampire who becomes a werewolf or was it the other way round but why do you ask........please don't tell me that my assistant sent you the rejected scripts".

"I think he did but please don't fire him for such a small thing. He must be having his family to support",I plead.

"You know it really amazes me how even after having been in this industry for more than two years, you have still not turned into one of those fake plastic stars. Anyway I will send over the normal scripts and don't forget that you have a PR meeting to attend tomorrow."

PR meetings were one of my least favorite things since these two or three agents who didn't know a single thing about you moulded your personality and dictated your actions in the way they liked, steering the public and the fans away from the truth.

Half of the things you see a person say in an interview is actually what has been taught to them by their publicist and they are faraway from what they potray themselves to be. It is not for nothing that this world is called toxic. Everyone is wearing a mask, concealing their true selves to an extent that they forget what it is like to be real, what it is like to be your true self without anyone else telling you how you should act, what it is like to smile truly and not just for the cameras in front.

The next morning, I get up and get ready, not wanting to be late for the meeting.After an hour, I am stepping into the elevator and press the button to the eighteenth floor. I step out and see a desk where sat a woman in her early thirties, typing something on the computer. I motion to take off my sunglasses to let her have a clear view of my face but before that she speaks up,

"Ms. Roberts, they are expecting you inside" and raises her arm towards the large glass door.

I enter and see the team of three men and two women sitting behind a long table, all dressed very formally. To be honest, at first, I found them quite intimidating but within the span of these two years in the industry, I have really grown as a person and gained much confidence.

"Hello Ms Roberts", one of the women say.

"Hello", I say giving a small nod to everyone.

"Let's start with the interviews first" ,the other woman says with a very practised smile.

"Sure", I reply, hoping this gets over as soon as it can.

So some of the interviews of the previous month are played on the big screen in front of the table and then suggestions are made on how I could handle some questions in a better way.

To be honest, I like my PR team quite alot since they have never told me to change my personality or act like a different person.

"Your image has been quite clear, no controversies or drama", Jack,the oldest looking of all the men, says.

I nod.

"That's good, right?", I exclaim.

"Now....you see.....we have been discussing and all of us have anonymously decided that this innocent image you have there...... should go before it becomes boring", he continues.

"So you want me to abduct some children to get 'cool' ".

"Of course not.........but some linkup rumours can do the trick", Ruby, the blonde woman says.

"You want me to fake date someone", I say surprised.

"No.....not at all.....that's a good idea too....but some rumours can do well too....you see. It is not like Harry and Cara Delevingne ever dated", she reasons.

"It is just a suggestion but even you know that things like these work and there are many other stars who do it and it is not like talent is the only thing that this industry sees.", Conard breaks his silence.

"Still no", I say, having made up my mind.

"Just think about it", Jack says.