Papparazzi

Sophia's POV

"Run", I say in panic.

We both run to the behind of the cafe, away from the cameras and the place was quite dark so hopefully, the papparazzi won't really be able to see us and may go back but then I hear some loud footsteps.

Colton pulls me into this hidden place under an iron staircase.

" How did they know?", I sound frustrated.

"I should have known", he says while running his hand through his hair.

"Known what?", I was curious.

"It is not time for that. First we need to make sure that they are gone"

I nod and wait for what seemed like a lifetime.

"Do you think they are gone", I ask

"It has been more than ten minutes. It would be creepy now if they are not."

"But who even told them that we were here and anyway why would they even want a picture of the two of us?"

"They just want something to fill their gossip columns and besides it wouldn't be very unbelievable.",he says

Unbelievable???

Why would anyone even beleive that on the contrary?We both have never been seen together in any social event.

That's when I hear the stutter of a camera. What the hell.....

"Hurry come", Colton says and pulls me towards the staircase.

"Where are we going?"

"There is no time to explain. Just follow me"

I walk behind him and we are on the terrace. The view from up here was great but I didn't really have time to admire it.

I look at him. There was no other way we could escape but he didn't seem worried at all.

"No", I say, reading his face, "I am not going to do that."

"Come on.", he says calmly.

He seemed like he was used to such situations. I had read somewhere that his mother was a supermodel and that's why even he had also been the face for some companies that were owned by his family earlier.

"What if we fall down?"

"Then that's going to be a funny news to read"

"Colton Jacques, it is not funny."

"Just hold my hand and jump. The roof of the other building is close so there are not many chances of us breaking our bones", he says in a convincing tone.

Here goes nothing. Before I knew it, my feet touched the roof of the adjacent building  and we climbed down. The place was a florist's shop which was run by an old lady.My eyes travel to a very beautiful bouquet of blue hydrangeas. They are my favorite flowers.

"I think if we talk to her and explain her our situation, she would help us. She seems nice."

I agree.

"Hello ma'am, there are some people following us, actually papparazzi so could you please help us?", I try to talk to the woman.

"Okay... follow me", she says.

She leads us to a door behind which was a small storeroom. Both of us get in.

"I will go check if they are still there", she declares.

This lady was very kind. Otherwise who today would naturally help someone without their own benefit.

"You are good with people.", Colton breaks the silence.

"Thank you but how did you judge that?"

"By the way you talked to that lady. I don't think that she would have agreed if it had been anyone else,atleast I wouldn't have if.......it had not been you."

"That is because you are kind yourself and that's why I don't really get how you are friends with the people that you are", I say, cutting in the awkwardness.

I am not one of those people who are really comfortable with people praising them because having been in this industry for more than two years, I kind of feel that anyone who does, wants something from you or is just faking it because honestly, real is kinda rare here. There are exceptions like my family or my best friends.

"They have gone. You guys are safe.", the lady says, smiling.

We thank her for saving our lives because having to listen to my PR agents scream or rather discuss my actions, posted by TMZ or other news channels, would be like dying.

I look at Colton who was now buying a bouquet from the lady. We walk out of the store.

"So you have a date tonight?", I ask, looking at a bouquet which he seemed to be hiding.

"Nah. I just thought that it would be a good way to thank her so I bought them."

"Awww"

"For you", he says extending the peonies to me.