"So this is what heartbreak feels like? When I cheated on Chris, what he felt was similar to this?"

"Pretty much."

Ivy begins to cry yet again. Someone knocks on the door.

"Honey?" Her mum says before opening the door.
"How are you feeling?" Her mum asks, walking into the room.

"Horrible. I don't want to go school mum."

"Don't worry," her mum says as she sits on her bed. "I'll call the school."

"Thanks mum."

"You're welcome, honey. Just take care of yourself, okay? It breaks my heart seeing you like this." Ivy sits up and hugs her mum.

"Okay mum."

"I love you," her mum tells her and kisses her forehead.

"Love you too."

Her mum then stands and acknowledges Aspen.
"Thanks for coming over."

"She's my best friend. It's in my job description," Aspen answers.

***

"Hey," Stephanie hears someone say behind her as she's getting her notes for class. She turns around to see Luke and smiles.

"Hi Luke."

"Where's Brooke? You guys are always together most of the time, especially in the morning."

"She just went to ask one of her friends something about a class they have together," Steph answers.

"She has other friends?" Luke asks quizzically. "I barely see her with anyone else other than you and Cole."

"She spends most of her time with us," Steph shrugs with a smile.

No one says anything for a few seconds before Steph decides to ask.
"How are you?"

She can still vividly remember the look on his face when she told him the truth yesterday.

He sighs. "I'm managing," he pauses as if thinking before speaking again. "I broke up with her yesterday and it feels weird and yet still feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders."

"I'm sorry, Luke." Steph says in sympathy.

"It's not your fault my ex-girlfriend is a bully and I didn't know about it," Luke smiles sadly.

"And I want to apologise for what Ivy did. I'm really sorry if she threatened, intimidated or attacked you in anyway."

"It wasn't your fault. You don't need to apologise," Steph tells him in a soothing tone.

"You're sweet." Luke smiles.

Steph almost blushes as she looks away. Did Luke just say that?

Luke clears his throat. "Well, I guess I'll see you around."

"Yeah," Steph nods.

Just as he's walking away, he says, "Hey Brooke," to Brooke who's approaching.

She smiles. "Hey."

Brooke joins Steph with a questioning look on her face. "What was that about?"

"He apologized for Ivy's behaviour," Steph replies as she faces her locker back.

Brooke scoffs. "Like that will change anything."

"He broke up with her," Steph discloses.

Brooke grins and fist bumps the air.
"It's about time. I don't know how a nice guy like him ended up with a bitch like her."