Chapter 15

A dangerous ringing rang through Chris's ears, followed by an agonizing pain in the back of his head as he came back to consciousness, not even aware that he had gotten unconscious at first.

Besides the ringing, all he could hear was the crackling of the burning wood followed by the warmth of the roaring fire beside him, the heat bringing a bright orange glow to his slightly sweaty skin.

He lifted his arm to his head, grunting from the pain that blurred his mind. He looked around in his disoriented state, quickly catching a glimpse of you kneeling on the stairs, clutching the wooden rails with one hand while facing the direction of the hallway entrance, a panicked terrified look in your eyes.

"(Y/N)?" He asked out your name, sounding as if he had woken up from a deep slumber, his disoriented state currently making him forget how he got in that position. Your head flicked to his direction, immediately bringing a finger to your lip.

He was confused to see that, watching you descend from the stairs and approach him fast, kneeling to his side on the ground.

"Are you okay??" You asked in a hushed worried tone, dropping an item you had in your hands before attempting to even touch Chris, only you weren't exactly sure if putting your hands on him and touching him was the best idea at the moment.

"Head really hurts," Chris admitted, keeping his hand on his head for a moment, "But I'm fine. What's-"

You immediately shushed him, finally bringing your hands to his broad shoulders, "No time for questions, we need to go. Now."

"Now?" He asked with confusion.

"Yes, now! Before that thing comes back!" You grabbed onto his wrist, bringing his arm away from your head as you stood slowly, helping him into his knees and quickly off the ground. You kneeled down fast, picking up the long slim item that you left on the ground before reaching behind you with your free hand, pulling out the magnum that you slipped on your belt.

"Here, take this." You brought the gun into Chris's hands, having him immediately grab it, but not without him staring down at the weapon in genuine question.

"Where did you get this?"

"Found it." You muttered, lifting up the green crank in your other hand. "This too. But we have to go now Chris! It'll come back at any minute-" Without much other though to it, you grabbed onto his forearm with your free hand, pulling on it to get him to move with you. To your immediate dismay, Chris only took a few steps forward before stopping, not really understanding why you were in a frantic hurry.

"What will come back??"

Rattle. Rattle.

The sounds of scuffling followed by the all too painfully familiar rattling of cold chains scraping against a ragged wood floor. The sound was enough for the hairs to rise on the back of your neck and your blood to run ice cold, while for Chris, it finally clicked in his mind on why you were so fixated on getting the hell out of there. That, and your hold on his forearm tightened, followed by a faint tremble in your fingers.

It was to escape the very creature that proceeded to knock him out. The same creature that walked through the door at this very second.

A large hunched back creature proceeded to drag itself through the doorway, the rattling responsible to the chains that dragged along the large creature's ankles, the heavily rusted metal leaving angry agitated markings along her skin.
Both of its long pale skinned arms were cuffed together and weighed down by a massive lock, her body covered with what looked like an old blood-stained torn medical gown. What threw the both of you off completely was the face, or the head in fact, completely hidden by a terrifying loose mask, with distinct facial features hanging off of her actual skull, reminding you faintly of a crudely made Halloween mask.