Chapter 27

You left them first. You chose to abandon them first in order to live out your own life.
That's what you told yourself the minute you snuck out with everything you cared to own and never looked back.

You could've cared less about your helicopter people pleasing mother, but for the first few days after the freedom induced euphoria faded away, your father was all you cared for. For the sake of that, you forgot to keep an eye out for any phone call that unfortunately never came.

Here you were now, staring at their smiling faces looking back towards you.

You still didn't understand why?? Just why this?? All your life you were told it was a large company business working with the government, but you were stupid enough to never ask the name. All this time it was Umbrella, your parents are scientists, developing illegal viruses and purposely infecting everyone around them. If that was that true case, than they were so willing to bring you along into it when you got old enough to understand.

It was a good thing then, me running away. You could only think such as you wiped away the tears that rolled down your cheeks with the back of your gloved hand, using your bracelet. Why out of everything did it have to come to this? This makes absolutely no sense.

"Come on." Chris ushered after having a moment of silence to himself to let all the news sink in. Thankfully he didn't see your tears, you couldn't possibly bother to explain to him why you were crying your eyes out like this. No, you had to keep strong and set it all aside for now.

"Wait." You spoke first, reaching over to click onto the last button. You thought it would take away the photo on screen, but instead you were surprised to find their was yet another slide hidden. A small barcode popped up on screen, containing four small numbers underneath.

"8462," Chris walked around the long table towards a keypad on the wall with silver coated number buttons and wires sticking out of the bottom. He pressed the numbers slowly, leaving you to watch as a piece of false wall over to the far left corner began to slide open, revealing a small room the size of a shoe closet. You walked around the table, passing Chris to enter the small room. Their wasn't much to fuss over about, just a small room with three desks all pressed up against a wall. The left wall was covered in various screens all shut off, connected to a couple of random machines.

You reached over and picked up a flat metal card with a red sticker on it, looking like a keycard telling by the way it says Laboratory on the front side on the red sticker. Chris eyed the key in your hand before turning his attention towards the screens, reaching into one of his pockets for something he had almost forgotten about. You heard the sounds of Chris snapping something into place before you bothered to turn around, seeing one of the screens from before turn on. Chris pressed a button, and a video came roaring to life on screen.

It began displaying a video of someone frantically running throughout the halls of the mansion. A man was audibly distressed as he ran, causing the film to be jolted around and shaking rapidly. The man turned around, firing at the chest of a zombie you remembered seeing before. Their was a name on the upper left corner in green, giving you the confirmation on who it was.

"Get away from me!"

Kenneth fell back against the ground, tripping on something while he attempted to keep his gun aimed to the zombie who only treaded closer. He started screaming the moment the zombie's hands grabbed ahold of his forearm, tugging the man closer with unknown amounts of strength before clamping his jaw over his shoulder, a burst of blood flashing over the screen as his teeth broke through skin and muscle, Kenneth's bloodcurdling screams evident to the pain.

The screaming got garbled as he began choking on his own blood. The camera began to jitter and cut out, but the audio of Kenneth's final screams and the zombie feasting remained. The film finally ran out as the screen flashed off, leaving you feeling rather sick to your stomach and your skin feeling hot.