Chapter 21

"You know, I found a diary while I was separated from you, some guy named George Trevor wrote in it and it talked about how he was sorry he dragged his family here and got them into some sort of mess. He died down there where I found the diary."

It it wasn't the best conversation starter while you were standing next to Chris in the elevator you were both currently in, but you felt like he had a right to know what you learned. After he finished up with your final wound on your arm and you were done with your heartfelt chatter he gave you any extra ammunition he had then proceeded to lead you towards the elevator. Chris said it wasn't working before when he found it, but now it was for some unknown reason. Maybe it was because of the fuse box you messed around with while you were under ground but you didn't bring that up with him.

"Whoever that man was must've felt really guilty," Chris commented as he watched the floors pass as you continued to travel down with the elevator.
"I was reading the diary I saw a name pop up that I saw before on this family photo when we were at the cabin. The man had a daughter named Lisa and his wife's name must've been Jessica."

Chris immediately raised his hand and snapped his fingers before shoving the same hand into his pocket. He pulled out a hastily folded up paper which look to be some sort of document. "I found this when I was searching around, I think it's best to read it right now while it's safe in here."

You took the document and unfolded it, squinting a little in the minimum light that flickered through the elevator, providing little help to help you read the words:

Attn: Chief of Security
Date: July 22, 1998 2:13

X day is drawing up on us. Execute the following procedures within one week. Prompt actions are demanded.

1. Lure S.T.A.R.S to the estate, And obtain B.O.W's raw combat data against S.T.A.R.S.
2. Collect two embryos of each mutated specimens as samples, excluding the Tyrant. Dispose of the Tyrant.
3. Ensure complete disposal of the Arklay laboratory, Including all personnel and test animals. Disguise their deaths as an accident. When the above procedures are executed. Report to headquarters for further instructions.

If for some reason, You are unable to execute the procedures by the deadline, Report immediately. In case of emergency emergency situations, Report directly to the extension number 5691.

Good luck.
Umbrella Headquarters.
Umbrella Inc.

"This was all a setup?" You looked up at Chris in shock after reading the last words on the paper. " The mission? Coming out here to the mansion? It was all planned ahead?"

Of course, you were just as shocked as Chris expected you to be when he first read the document. He himself was completely at a loss, unsure what to think. To come out here to this mansion in the mountains, all the deaths from the innocent civilians to the innocent children, to his teammates even dying here, all for it to be all planned?

"It makes no sense, I know. But that's what happened, and it was all Umbrella's doing. They called us out here, someone or all of them, they've been turning this place into some sort of testing facility."

"But why??" You couldn't help but asking, but you knew Chris didn't exactly have an answer for it. You crumpled up the document and tossed it to the ground, feeling the elevator finally lower to a stop.

"When we run into Wesker again, we have to tell him." You followed Chris out of the elevator, seeing the man nod in agreement as he continued to lead the way. Umbrella, a simple pharmaceutical company had brought them out to this mansion where many horrid things have been done, like experiments with the undead and strange mutated animals. With the deaths of his teammates and other innocents, what they're slowly uncovering was bigger than he ever believed.