Chapter 2

Your legs carried you as fast as you could, although you had no clue where you were supposed to run to.

Chris was dead set on keeping an arm against your back at first, that was until your running pace outmatched his significantly. He resulted to keeping his arm out in case any of the vicious dogs were to come closer, or if you were to trip and fall behind, he would quickly catch you.

The sounds of helicopter blades roared frantically in the sky, the bright flash of light looming over your heads, peering through the branches of the dead trees. You looked up fast, confused to see the exact helicopter you arrived in to be taking off far ahead. What the hell?? Are they leaving us??

"Hey Brad!" You heard Chris yell out the name of the pilot, the helicopter quickly leaving in the distance. "Where the hell's he going?!"

You looked back ahead towards your path, realizing fast that the trees began to lack around the area, as well as the ground. If you had gotten any more  distracted, you would've completely ran off the very steep rocky ledge of what looked to be a cliff, lightly blanketed by fog.

You stopped yourself fast, realizing that you and Chris were trapped with the beastly dogs barely a few feet away from you. With your heart pounding hard in your chest, you turned your head fast, seeing Chris raising his arm in front of his face in an attempt to block the dog that jumped into the air, it's jaw wide open.

A bullet fired fast, making you jump at the sight of the dog's head combusting with old blood and tissue, the body collapsing on the ground fast. Chris turned his head towards the direction, seeing Wesker with his gun aimed, accompanied by the flashlight shining towards him in his other hand.

"Chris, this way!" He ordered, the silhouettes of Jill and Barry right beside him with their weapons aimed.

Chris brought his attention immediately to you, bringing his hand against your shoulder to usher you to run, which you immediately did with a newfound frantic pace. You ran past Wesker and the others, hearing the barking of dogs following the group as they ran.

Wesker and Barry turned back a couple of times, firing at the pack of dogs in attempts to take them out one by one. Barry managed to take out only one dog from the pack, but it only appeared to make the pack run faster.

"Make for that mansion!" Chris yelled you get your attention.

Mansion???

You looked up from the path you were running, seeing the faint, yet warm glow of lights peeking through the trees from countless windows, the massive building becoming more visible in the clearing.

At first, their was minor hesitation on your part. Despite the question on how and why a mansion of all things was out here so far into the Arklay Mountains, you weren't too keen on barging in on the mansion's residents because you were trying to escape some feral dogs.

You were left little to no choice once you became the first person to reach the massive, dark wood polished doors. You grabbed onto the handle, pushing it open to be greeted with a blast of cool air, wiping away the confusion on why the door was unlocked to begin with.

You ran inside fast, your dirty combat boots leaving faint dirt tracks on the rich red carpet that lead a track towards the massive staircase with oak wood railings, leading up towards a second floor supported by polished oak and tile pillars.

You stopped running once your boots clicked against the incredibly polished marble floor, giving yourself a moment to catch your breath and you looked around, waiting for the others to come running in. The entryway itself was not only cool, but lit up by candlesticks on ornate silver metal stands and a massive chandelier up on the ceiling with heavy round oil lamps. The walls remained slightly bare of any picture frame, aside from the edges of the large one you could make out from the beginning of the stairway.