Epilogue

It wasn't much of a difficult decision to leave the task force and immerse yourself back into the civilian life, it was well understood with everyone else. You kept in good touch with each of them as you left Raccoon City almost a month and a half after the mansion incident.

With the money your adopted father left you, you put one of the checks away towards savings and used the other check to get yourself a proper home, leaving Raccoon City behind. Of course, that meant you were moving away from Chris.

On the contrary, when you broke the news to Chris that you wanted to move away over a lunch date, he was surprisingly supportive of the idea. He was curious on where you got the money, you just told him it was from your savings and nothing more.
He was all for the idea of you having a rewind on a fresh start somewhere new, and even helped you look at different resources to find a proper place in a different state, far from Raccoon City.

Of course, that meant you no longer lived in the studio apartment complex Chris would go to to pick you up for your dates. But he didn't pay attention to the due date. Instead, he made sure that every date he had with you would be the most memorable ones you'd ever have.

Lunch dates, dinner dates, going to the movies, walks in the park. It was something the both of you looked forward to every week. Chris was a true romantic, making sure you were spoiled with as much love and affection he could give you, and you were more than glad to return it to him. You'd always tell him he was a handsome gentleman, as well as a goofy, child at heart man.

He'd feign shock when you'd tell him that, saying to you that he wasn't that old to be considered a child a heart. It only made you laugh even harder when he'd pretend to pout about it before giving in to his own amusement.

When 'doomsday' finally arrived, you sold the furniture you didn't need and packed your more important belongings in boxes in your car. You figured you'd just buy a brand new couch and bed at your new, more spacious apartment. You felt like you deserved nice things with your fresh start.

"Alright, That's the last box." Chris shut the back door to your car, walking over to where you stood on the sidewalk. You smiled at him as he got closer, sharing the same grin as you even with the tension of leaving each other heavy in the air.

"You moved fast," You commented, reaching over to grab his hand and hold it, "It's almost as if you really want me to go."

Chris chuckled as he gave your fingers a squeeze, shaking his head slowly. "Believe me, that's the last thing I want. But this will be good for you, I'm certain of it."

You smiled again, looking down at your joined hands. Peeking underneath the sleeve of Chris's brown jacket he let you have was a small set of thin three gold bangle bracelets on your wrist, given to you by none other than Chris himself. He gave it to you last night over dinner, in a small black box tucked away inside the pocket of his jacket he let you have, intending for you to find it when he gave it to you.

It was the most sweetest gesture he had done, giving you an item he'd knew you'd definitely wear and cherish. They were simple bracelets, lacking any sort of charm or elegant pattern.

He said that the most beautiful Diamond didn't need much to shine, just a pedestal. Which means he was basically calling you the crown jewel of the set. A little cheesy, but all the more romantic with your value.

"First thing you'll do when you get there is call, right?" Chris enveloped you in a warm hug while asking for reassurance, feeling his trembling nerves calm slightly when you nodded your head.

"The first thing," you immediately agreed, "Promise you'll pick up?"

"Of course, I'll be attached to the nearest phone just to hear your voice again." Chris brought his other hand to hold your cheek, your other hand meeting his to hold onto his wrist.