Chapter 39: This is War

Start from the beginning

"Ah!!" Hinata yells in Oomimi's face, who gets flinches in shock from his sudden yell.

"Eh?!"

The Inarizaki team watches in awe as Hinata swiftly shifts to the side and sprints to the other side of the court, jumping up as Kageyama sets to him.

"Uwah..." Atsumu and Osamu mutter as they watch him.

Hinata instantly hits the ball down onto Inarizaki's court as Suna reaches for it but doesn't manage to get a hand on it, stunning everyone to silence from his speed and agility.

Inarizaki [04 – 03] Karasuno

"He's even faster up close..." Y/N mutters to herself as everyone stares in awe, taken aback.

"Hinata Shouyou with a dash and score!! Now that is what I call fast!! We just bore witness to the Karasuno first year combo's Explosive Broad Attack Special Skill!"

"So that's the Karasuno first year duo, huh?" Coach Kurosu mutters as he sighs. "They're gonna be an issue..."

"Oh well." Y/N shrugs as she smirks lightly, looking at the duo in interest. "It's not like we're not used to dealin' with troublesome duos."

Looking back at Inarizaki's side, Hinata makes eye contact with Oomimi before he turns away. 'That guy with a scary face almost caught onto my feint...'

Once he finally regains his senses, Atsumu slumps slightly as he starts to fanboy.

"That's so cool...!" Atsumu mutters to himself as he looks over the court in awe. "Seein' it up close makes it even cooler...!"

"Why is it that when yer in the middle of a game, your mental age drops by five years?" Osamu deadpans.

"Shut it!"

Spinning the ball in his hand, Kageyama prepares for his serve as the Inarizaki band starts to beat the drums, as Karasuno gets taken surprise.

Dun. Dun. Dun. Dun. Dun.

Starting with the bass drum and followed by various other percussion instruments, the Inarizaki band creates a beat that slowly speeds up. And as Kageyama tosses the ball into the air for his serve, he notices something off as he hits it over to Inarizaki's side.

'The serve toss was a little off...' He thinks to himself as his serve hits the net.

"Ogh-!" Akagi dives for the ball as he gets it up.

"That's in! The receive was a little sloppy!"

Carefully watching the ball, Atsumu expertly swivels around and takes a polished step across the court.

'That is a flawless 'first step'.' Kageyama thinks to himself as he watches Atsumu jump up to set the ball, sending the ball to Oomimi as Karasuno gets taken by surprise.

'They're actually going to do a Quick from all the way over there?!'

Spiking the ball, Oomimi hits it down onto Karasuno's court.

Inarizaki [05 – 03] Karasuno

"If the opponent's middle blocker scores a point on you, you pay it back with your own middle blocker. Truly splendid, and what competitive spirit."

"Nice serve!" The cheer squad calls as Osamu prepares for his serve, walking to the end line and waiting.

FWEET!

Osamu waits in silence as he stares across the court, getting everyone to wait in anticipation as they wait for him. Watching him carefully, Karasuno prepares themselves for Osamu's serve.