64 | stare

It's been hours since Noah left and I honestly didn't know where to look first

It's been hours since Noah left and I honestly didn't know where to look first. This hotel was huge, plus, I wasn't sure if he was still in it or had left. But it was still dark out because it was three or four in the morning.

I stayed in bed, legs crossed and wiping my tears dry. It was very cold especially because I was wearing a short, silk nightdress but thankfully the fireplace kept me warm. I couldn't go to sleep until he arrived, I couldn't even go to sleep after the argument we had. I had many things running in my mind - where the hell was Noah? Why did he cheat on me? Was I still going to meet his family? Did we break up? And the fact that he thinks I don't love him and I only stayed because I pitied him.

The bedroom was dark and only the TV was on. The dark curtains were open, revealing the large window and lights from the buildings across it.

I hugged the soft pillow and heaved out a breath. My eyes slowly moved to the TV and watched the series I wasn't even paying attention to.

All I was thinking about Noah.

What if he had met up with Diane?

I sucked my teeth and shook my head. I had to trust him, I mean, I did but Diane was always at the back of my mind. That he still loved her in that way.

Although I was worried, I didn't text Noah or call him. He didn't do the same with me either so why bother?

I sighed, getting into bed and shutting my eyes. As soon as I did so, I heard the door open and my stomach tightened. Noah closed the door and I heard silence for a bit. I pretended to be asleep, sending that he was changing into his pajamas.

Noah got in the opposite side of the bed and moved to close to me. His hand moved to touch my cheek but he hesitated, then he sighed deciding not to touch me at all.

My heart hurt and I felt like crying again. I shifted turning around and facing the other way so he couldn't see my tears. Noah got in under the comforter and pulled them to his side and I ended up being exposed in the air. I frowned then pulled them back.

Noah paused before pulling the comforter to his side again, leaving me more exposed. I sucked my teeth and did the same, making sure he had nothing on top of him.

Noah pulled the comforter harder making me finally look at him. "Uhm excuse me?" I said. "You're taking all of the damn blanket." I pulled it away from him and Noah glared at me.

"Are you seriously doing this? This early?" he said then did the same, pulling the comforter to his side.

"What are you doing?" I asked, getting annoyed.