56 | leave

"Mhm," I hummed, staring at Diane cook at the kitchen

"Mhm," I hummed, staring at Diane cook at the kitchen. She sang lightly to a song, moving her body to it, though a bit sexual. At least Noah wasn't staring. I swallowed down the lasagne she had made. "I like her."

Noah smiled faintly, not looking at me. "Yeah, she's not bad," he murmured absentmindedly. Diane took out another plate and turned around, meeting Noah's eyes and they both glanced away from eachother.

Something's going on.

I slightly shook my head, trying to not think the worst.

"Noah, uhm, did you finish the apple juice?" Diane asked.

He cleared his throat then replied, "No."

"So where is it?" she asked.

"I don't know," he replied with a shrug, keeping his gaze down at his food.

Diane looked at him, her face neutral. "What do you mean you don't know?" she said.

"I mean I don't know," Noah said, looking up from his food and to Diane. "Do you want to search me for it?"

"Okay, okay, okay, can both of you just relax," I chimed in. "I don't want you guys arguing over some little thing. If you guys want apple juice so bad..." I took the car keys and stood up "... I'll go buy it."

Noah stopped me, holding my forearm. "No sit," he looked at Diane, "I finished it."

She glared at him, not even playfully. I tilted my head to the side, confused as to why they were arguing. But then again I shouldn't be surprised, both were quiet this morning and didn't say a word to eachother.

If they were so sour with eachother this morning, meant something had definitely happened last night. No doubt.

"Never mind, here it is," Diane said, taking it out the fridge.

"Was it so hard to look?" Noah said sarcastically making her force a smile at him then roll her eyes.

She went back to dishing out for herself and I leaned closer to Noah to ask him, "What's wrong with you?"

He cleared his throat again and shook his head quickly. "No, no, nothing's wrong. It's just... there was something we didn't agree on."

I swallowed. "Last night?"

Noah paused, his breathing getting quicker. "No- I mean yes, Jackie, last night."