23 | headache

"Has anyone thought about how pee takes like cotton candy?" Ezra asked as he marinated the meat

Wyatt paused and slowly turned his head to look at Ezra. "What the fuck?"

"Ezra, I will gouge your eyes out and shove them down your throat so you can see me slit your neck," Liana warned, pointing at him threateningly with the knife.

Wyatt decided to make lasagne and Caleb wanted to make salads, Nate was making chicken nuggets.

John had gone shopping for 'ingredients' when really he was buying the already made soup instead of making it which was cheating.

Noah and I teamed up to bake, which I was really excited to do.

Luckily, the kitchen was big enough for chaotic event happening. But I figured that nothing would be damaged because everytime I came home after Amaira's birthday party, it would be neat and spotless.

I found out last minute that if you were the one who cooked the worst, you would be cleaning.

"So what are we baking?" I asked, leaning against the counter as Noah took out the ingredients from our cabinet. "Are we going to start with cupcakes or something."

Noah quirked his eyebrows. "Yes, if you want something easy," he chortled and I narrowed my eyes at him.

"So what are we going to bake?"

"Chocolate lava cake," Noah replied and I gasped.

"Isn't that hard?" I watched him preheat the oven.

Noah shook his head, "For beginners it is. But it's really not that hard."

"Well can I do something useful to help?" I asked, feeling useless because what was the point of being there if he was already a professional in baking. "Of course, you can sit there and stare at me." He forced a smile and I playfully smacked his arm.

"Should I actually because I'm going to do it," I challenged and Noah did what he always did, he bit his bottom lip smiling.

"Spray the custard cups with baking spray and place it on a baking sheet," he told me then he looked at me. "Oh I'm sorry- I didn't mean to use so many syllables."

"Noah!" I gasped and he laughed, lifting his head into the air slightly. "You deserve to be hit it in the head."

"Okay, I'm sorry," he tried to hold in his laugh, his lips quivering as he wanted to laugh. I kissed my teeth and Noah leaned in and pecked my cheek, but very very close to my lips.

"Sorry," he murmured, blushing and started mixing the mixture of microwaved butter and chocolates. I think he had also realised that he almost kissed me on the lips, which was why he was blushing.

I had an urge to hug him. But hug him while he baked because he looked so adorable when he was focused. His hair curls fell to the sides of his face.