35 | enemies

"Do I look like a TV to you?" Noah asked making me snap back into reality

"No?" I replied almost unsure.

"Well stop staring at me," he answered with an undeniable smile on his face.

"I'm just thinking about something," I murmured, turning away to look on the road.

"What?"

My eyes moved to meet his again. "You, Noah Jackson, can dance."

He gasped. "What? Nah!"

I laughed, "Nah? I remember when we were out in the rain, dancing like maniacs but you danced like you were dancing for an audience."

"I can't dance," he said after a moment of silence. By the look on his face, he knew he was lying. "And what if I could? What were you going to do about it? Call your manager?"

"No, you could get famous for dancing like that," I said then my eyes widened. "And you can sing too!"

Noah laughed almost a little too loud. "I'm cute, I'm great at singing, I'm great at dancing, I'm great in bed. Is there anything I can't do?"

Was there really anything he couldn't do?

I laughed at the thought. "Apparently pay attention to the road," I retorted then he paid his attention to the road and stopped glancing at me. "Do you forget you're driving?"

"I can't focus when you're right here," he said, massaging his temple. His arm turning the wheel right as he drove into the parking lot of the school. He stopped and we got out of the car.

He locked it and we held hands as soon as the car wasn't between us. We walked into the school building.

"I didn't do my Physics homework," he mentioned randomly and I looked at him.

"What Physics homework?"

I smiled as Noah babbled about the Physics homework he forgot to do. I didn't miss the looks and curious stares we got from the students and for the first time, I didn't give a fuck about what they thought. As long as I was with Noah and he was happy, nothing else mattered.

I let my fingers stay in my jean pockets as Noah had his arm loosely hung on my shoulder. People were also probably staring because Noah and I had worn similar outfits.

Noah had worn a white hoodie with a grey vintage, printed shirt over it and vintage looking jeans with white sneakers. I had worn the same but instead of the hoodie, I had worn a turtle neck.

And we didn't even mean to coordinate outfits.

But ever since this morning I had been stressing because there was cheerleading tryouts today, and no matter how much I wanted to join, the reminder that my ex best friends and ABC (Aurora, Betty and Carly) was there just repulsed me.