29 | the aftermath

Her lips were soft, and I like the feeling of them against my lips

Her lips were soft, and I like the feeling of them against my lips. I kissed her slowly and gently, lovingly, and the way she responded by falling into the rhythm made me feel something I couldn't put into words.

Lord knows how long I had been waiting for this moment.

I wished for this moment to last longer... Jackie was someone I didn't want to let go of. I wanted to hold her in my arms and tell her how much I loved her.

I love her.

I love Jackie.

The thunder clapped in the heavens above, and the rain became a little heavier. Jackie and I didn't fall apart; she clung to my face, refusing to let go. I didn't mind because I had no intention of stopping.

I loved the feeling she gave me, I wanted it to be like this forever. I pulled away and our foreheads connected, catching our breaths. I kept my eyes closed, before I opened them to see Jackie's beautiful ones.

She slowly smiled. "You have no idea how long I have been wanting to do that with you."

My heart hammered against my chest when I heard her words. It was true that I had always wanted to kiss her since that time she had visited my house and we had hung out at the pool.

I returned the same loving smile she gave me, "For a first time kisser... you're pretty good at it."

Jackie bit her lip and giggled. "Can we do it again?" she licked her lips in anticipation.

I didn't even respond; instead, I kissed her on the back, already missing the feel of her lips on mine. I found the kiss to be both addictive and loving, and I was sure she did as well.

The sharp aching pain in my head that I tried to ignore when I kissed her grew stronger and I remembered that I had cancer.

My heart shattered.

I wanted to cry.

I was dying and I was letting Jackie fall in love with me. This was a bad idea, I thought to myself. I shouldn't be doing this. It was selfish of me, not telling her that I hadn't had much time left and I was dying right in front of her.

A warm drop trickled down my cheek and I noticed it was my tears but Jackie didn't notice because of the rain.

She pecked my lips.

God, it was impossible to resist this girl. Why did You have to give me cancer? I found myself thinking and the thunder clapped in the skies again.

Tell her that you have cancer , my heart said.

Don't , my mind said.

I had always followed my mind and look where it got me now.

Later that day after I had left Jackie, I woke up in a hospital bed. Of course I started to panic but the doctors told me I had had a seizure which made me stress even more.