Escape

TW: Talk about guns near the beginning!

In the middle of the day, the city they had been sheltering in was packed. The misty air had been kicked up to around Thomas's' waist height and the foul sting was returning to his eyes again. Patton was holding his wrist and dragged him along as fast as he could. Thomas could hear Prime Morria's' men running only mere metres behind him.

Logan and Roman took the front, sending normal citizens running and screaming as they both flailed their respective weapons while being careful not to harm anyone; not that the same could be said for Morria's' men. They were even firing their junky-looking guns at onlookers, sending crowds screaming.

Patton wasn't taking it well. "Heartless bastards!" He was screaming over his shoulder. "Demons!"

Thomas was less worried about the people, more terrified about the guns. He already hated the fact that normal people could buy guns that could kill people or seriously injure them with one shot. These guns were worse than the ones he knew. It fired what seemed to be debris made out of bricks. Windows were getting blown in, people were screaming in pain as the blast smashed bones apart.

"The docks!" Ordered Roman. "We get to the docks!"

"Brilliant, I'm sure we know where that is," Logan muttered, managing to find time to be sarcastic.

"Oh, shut up, nerdy wolverine, and keep running!" Roman snapped, grabbing the other's' wrist and yanking him down an alleyway as Patton did the same with Thomas.

The routes they took were confusing, long and heartpounding. There were people in black cloaks and, the closer they got to where ever they were running, attire changed. People were dressed more like they were from 'The Pirates Of The Carribbean' with big white shirts that were unbuttonned, sashes for belts, flamboyant hats and clumpy boots. The only difference was the way boots were built. They had gears in them; spikes poised, ready to srtike into the ground at the flick of a lever.

Well, that wasn't the only difference. People had metal arms, large glasses, metal eyeballs or, Thomas noticed while running past, half of a woman's' face was completely electronic as she  mounted a ship.

Roman seemed to prick up upon seeing her. "Harriet," He whispered knowingly, and Patton's' head shot up.

"The ship's going!" Patton warned, shooting a nervous glance at Roman as the gangplank the woman had just climbed up was getting taken away.

"All the better than," Roman mumbled. Patton looked at him nervously, then sighed, giving into whatever Roman was suggesting.

The two instantly stopped running, Logan and Thomas catapalting forwards a little. Roman steadied the both of them. "We can't stop for long, but you see that ship?" He said, pointing to the black vessel that floated in the sky as it began to pull up an anchor.

"Yes-" Thomas began.

"Her name's the Storm's' Guide, and we need to get onboard her or we're gonna die," Promised Roman.

Logan glared, exhausted. PE was never his strong point. "And how do we do that? They're weighing anchor."

Patton sighed. "We jump."

"What?!" Shouted the two brothers at the same time.

"It's that or the bees!" Snapped Roman. "ANd the more time we spend talking, the less time we got. Patton first, than Thomas. Logan next, I'll go last."

Patton's' eyes widened. "But-!"

"No time to argue!" Commanded Roman, shoving Patton forwards just as Prime Morria's' guards darted through the alleyway they had left only a few seconds ago.

Patton sighed once more, then began to run. And then he was sprinting. Then, just as he reached the edge of the docks, he launched himself high into the air. Limbs flailing and feet running on nothing, he arched in the sky and landed heavily on the deck of the Storm's' Guide.

And Thomas was shoved forwards before he could say a word, a blast from Morria's' men landing behind him. That gave him the adrenaline to bolt it, feet pounding loudly on the ground and beginning to hurt already. He jumped and threw out his hands, reaching for the vessel but he was already beginning to plummet. That's when he got lucky.

A blast from one of those guns exploded beneath him, and the rush of it made him fly, screaming, in the air and he collided into Patton who had reached up to him.

Every crew member was looking at him now. And there were plenty of them, all memorable in their own right. One was the woman with a metal face, a blonde with heavy makeup, one was startlingly pretty, for a girl, and another girl had dashing red hair that stood out in the dark sky like a sore thumb. Three men stood up where the steering wheel was, partially hidden in clouds.

"Oof!" Logan crashed into Thomas's' side, sending he and his brother sliding on the wet deck. Instantly, Logan jolted. "Thomas, god, I'm sorry, are you okay?!"

"I'm fine, where's Ro-"

Roman landed on his feet in quite a spectacular way, rushing forwards to help Patton and the rest. "Are you all okay? None of you are hurt, right?"

"Roman?" The red head said in surprise. "Roman Garcia?"

The man blinked, and looked at her. "Fantasy! Wow, it's been a while."

She looked at him in shock. "When were you-"

"Roman Garcia!" Shouted a furious voice as the Storm's' Guide pulled out of port. Roman flinched and raised his hands up to the back of his head, swivelling slowly on his heels, an awkward grin spreading across his face. A scrawny young man in black and purple attire stepped out from the shadows, two men behind him. "What the hell are you doing back on my ship?"

"Hey, Virgil..." Roman greeted awkwardly.