Malachi Kosin - Part Two

Cyrus P.O.V.
"It wasn't them." Two voices simultaneously chorused through the room, drawing everyone's attention. The crowd parted to revel Malachi and Pierce standing a few feet away from each other, staring at each other, confused.
After a second of what looked like them wanting to question and confront each other, they just nodded and looked back at Chief Kasey, who was smiling. "The four of you, go to my office."
"Which one?" I asked, and he shot me a 'shut up' glare. It took me a second to realize that apparently his office in the teachers section of the school wasn't popularly known about. "Never mind."
He now turned to the two biggest groups of elementi. "Anyone that can help rebuild the dorms and school, do so. If you are unable to help rebuild, your top generals will figure out a way for you to help." He turned to the other two groups, since Celia and I were the entire fifth group. "Help calm everyone you can." He now turned back to everyone. "Dismissed."
      Everyone shuffled off, doing as they were told. Celia and I ran to Chief Kasey's main office, so stressed that we slowed down time so much that we nearly stopped it, but we didn't even realize it until we were sitting in the office for ten minutes and nobody came.
A bit later, Malachi, Pierce, and Chief Kasey walk in, looking frantic. As soon as they saw us, they calmed down a bit. "I keep forgetting your powers," Malachi mumbled with a smirk.
"Mr. Kosin, Mr. Kopano, please sit down. We have a lot to discuss." After they sit down, Chief Kasey frowned so deep that his normal frown looked like a psycho smile.
"Dean Finley! It wasn—"
"Yes, Pierce. I know that it wasn't them, but I need to know how you and Mr. Kosin know. I need hard evidence to prevent them from expulsion."
Malachi and Pierce went dead silent, Pierce turning a bright shade of red. I felt a small buzz in the air, and I realized that they were communicating telepathically. I secretly listened in, interested in what they were saying.
How do you know?
I... I can't tell you, Mr. Kosin, but how do you know?
Tell me if I'm mistaken, but by your reaction, I'm guessing you can see people's memories like me?
There was dead silence from Pierce's side of the connection. A second later, I felt really stupid. How had I forgotten that I could prove my innocence by replaying my memories to Chief Kasey? But I was also shocked that for how rare being able to see memories was, I knew four people that could do it. Me, Celia, and apparently Malachi, and Pierce. At least Celia and I were still the only two, besides our parents, who could relay and manipulate memories, though we can't manipulate our own.
Thanks for reminding me of how I can prove my innocence. I entered the mind link conversation, and they both snapped their heads towards me, starting to speak. "How—"
"Don't underestimate my powers." I turned back to Chief Kasey. "I think I know how to prove my innocence, and Celia can do it too."
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
      After moving Chief Kasey's desk and pulling down the projector screen, we sat in a semicircle. With a wave of my hand, the memory started.
      An image of a black screen appears. After a few seconds, you heard Celia's voice. "Goodnight Cy."
      "Goodnight C."
      The screen slowly showed a room as I opened my eyes and turned on some music. "Shut it off. I can't sleep."
      "Shut the bridge door. I'll shut mine."
      I got up to shut the door to the bridge connecting our rooms, seeing Celia do the same. I laid back down, and a few minutes later the music drowned out as I fell asleep.
      We skipped through the memory, playing it every time I opened my eyes to roll over or something. Finally it showed me waking up in the morning, and we fast forwarded through that to the part where we showed us at the Training Arena.
      When the memory ended, Chief Kasey was smiling. "One down, one to go."
      We then watched Celia's memory, and it matched mine, except from her point of view. When her's was over, Chief was nearly laughing with happiness. "Finally, hard evidence. Thank the elementi's."
      We were all dismissed back to our dorms for the rest of the day. Chief Kasey told Celia and I not to help with the restoration, since we would probably get a lot of trouble, so we just had a lazy day for most of the day. I was in heaven, switching between all the books on my bookshelf, and after we learned how to use the tv in science, Celia discovered a thing called video games. She's been playing one that is practically just a story with the occasional battle.
      At sixteen hundred, the doorbell, which we finally changed to a soft chime of bells, rang. I opened it to see Malachi standing there, a bag of clothes and targets on his back. I smiled, simultaneously internally groaning.
      "What? You thought we weren't going to have class just because most of the school was destroyed?"
      "Kind of..."
      "Well you're wrong. Put your suit on and grab your weapon, I'll go get Celia."
      I did as I was told. After getting dressed in my combat suit, which I love, by the way, I got my flatbow and walked to the dorm TA. When I got there, Malachi and Celia were waiting for me, already having set up class. "What took you so long?"
      I looked at my twin. "Um, nothing. I was only about five minutes."
      "Actually," Malachi cut in. "You were 35 minutes."
      I looked at my watch. "...Oh. Well sorry, but can we start training now?"
      "Come on," Malachi said, motioning me to the targets and Celia to the dummy's. Since we had nothing better to do the rest of the day, Malachi spent the next there hours teaching us how to properly use our weapons, since we were using them pretty wrong, before releasing us to have dinner and sleep. A note had come saying the school was successfully rebuilt, so we would regularly resume classes next morning.
      As we were setting down for the night, I was looking through one of the old, leather bound books that was on my bookshelf. It was already pretty interesting, but then a passage mega caught my eye. The Soul Stone. A sacred stone that controls the balance of the known world through the combined power of all the Elementi. It is kept hidden deep inside the Elementum Academy, and only top authourities know it's location. If the stone were even to be even disrupted, the school would start to be destroyed by an unknown force, and then slowly the world. Only the combined power of all the Elementi at Eleturgy can fix it.
      I looked up from my book. "The school would start to be destroyed by an unknown force," I whispered to myself. I thought for a second. It said only top officials know where the stone is.
      And like that, I had an idea.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
      After checking that Celia was asleep, I froze time and teleported to the end of the long hallway of weapons. I had noticed Malachi becoming extremely nervous as we walked down here, and even though I thought it was suspicious, I shrugged it off until now.
      Walking over to the small sliver of white-painted wall, I counted the weapons. Eight. There had been nine, not counting Celia's Kusari-Fundo.
      After studying the weapons for a minute, I noticed the one missing was a simple sword with a pink-red jewel in the handle. I only noticed that because that one had caught my attention when we originally got out weapons.
      Teleporting back to my claimed office, I grabbed the book of weapons and spent the next hour looking through every single weapon looking for that sword. When I did, I saw it was in the green section, which was the biggest, most common one.
      Book in hand, I went back to the room and checked the green section, but it wasn't there. After going back to the white, I looked around for any sign of an intruder. Just as I was about to give up, I found the smallest sliver of the pink-red crystal on the floor. My eyes widened. "The stone cracked."
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
      After quickly waking up Celia and explaining to where what had happened, we barged into Malachi's suite in the teachers quarters. He jumped up, pulling his blanket up and looking at us with bewildered eyes. "What in the world are you two doing?!"

Hey guys! Merry Christmas! I hope to start posting a chapter on this every Friday. Who do you think cracked the Soul Stone? Do you think Malachi and Pierce will be good friends? How do you think Malachi will react to the news? Tell me in the comments. See you soon!