We're Maybe Actually Starting To Get Somewhere - Part Two

Celia P.O.V.
      I can tell you this much: They definitely didn't expect us to be that blunt. They all looked slightly startled for a second before Malachi recovered. "You lied to us, and you're just going to act like it's nothing?"
      "Yep," I said. "It could've been dangerous for you to know, but after we determined you guys were safe, we figured there was no point in changing the story."
      "You should've just told us. We would've been fine."
      We looked at Mia. "We didn't want to risk it. Okay?" Cyrus snapped.
      There was a long awkward pause before Pierce finally spoke up. "Is nobody going to acknowledge the fact that they just went into a supposed sacrifice chamber, and came back out with a tiny Dalmatian? Or just me?"
      Cyrus smirked. "This is Tesha. I don't think she likes girls, because she says Celia, Willow, and Mia are scary, but the will-o-wisps gave her the next map piece and led her into the attic." He paused, looking at her. "She said she'll get used to them if she has to, but she wants Pierce to pet her."
      Pierce got down, smiling, and started petting Tesha as the rest of us turned to each other. "So what does the map say?"
      Cyrus grabbed it from Tesha and handed it to me. I sprinkled some dust from one of the photos onto it, and the riddle appeared. It read:

"Flowers reflect everywhere,
The ceiling, the windows, the walls.
The Evergreen State holds this beauty,
And the vines hold the map.
But don't be distracted by the many sights,
That are sure to catch your eye.
Because they have many powers,
That you are sure not to love."

      "Washington, The Evergreen State, but that doesn't limit it very much." Eero said.
      "Okay." I replied. "We'll head out in the morning. Tonight, y'all get to meet our parents."
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
      Later that night, when mom and dad got home, I think they were pretty surprised to find us still there. "Children? Did you find what you were looking for?"
      "They know, dad."
      Him and mom loosened a bit. "Oh, okay," mom said. "I'm Crimson Blackburn, and this is my husband, Calian Blackburn. Nice to officially meet you all."
      Everyone introduced themselves, until it was just Pierce left. He had grown close with Tesha, and so they were in the other room playing.
      Cyrus went and got them, but as soon as they walked into view, mom and dad froze. "No." Mom said slowly, bending down to look at Tesha. "That's not right. You're——"
      Cyrus jerked, looking up at them. "Wait what? Dead?"
      "You can hear her?"
      "Yeah."
      Dad looked up at me. "Can you hear her?"
      "I don't know. She's scared of the girls, so she hasn't tried talking to me."
      He turned back to Cy. "Get her to try and talk to your sister."
      Cyrus leaned down and mentally spoke to the Dalmation, before she turned to me. Don't hurt me.
      I was confused. Why would I do that?
      You did before. You didn't mean it. You were little. But it was bad.
      Now I was mega confused. "Why does she seem so familiar?"
      Mom sat on the floor and pat at her lap, and Tesha ran over and curled up in it. "She was our first dog. We got her as a guard dog right before you two were born, and she was the best. You can tell it's her because of the C shaped dots on each side of her nose. We didn't want to name you both C because it was the same as ours, but we thought it was destiny. When you were three, though, she got in an accident and passed."
      "And it was because of me," I said, realising what Tesha was saying.
      My parents went silent. "Yeah," dad finally said. "You two had your life and void power spurts at opposite times, which really did help us, but we left you alone for a few minutes to do some house cleanings while you were in your void spurt, and you experimented with air. You took it away, suffocating the room. Luckily I walked back in and quickly countered. You barely made it. Tesha didn't."
      I looked at the dog. I'm so sorry.
      Not your fault. Not your fault. Just, don't want it to happen again.
      It won't. I swear to you.
      She hesitated for a minute before walking over and slowly letting me pet her. Okay. I trust you.

Hey guys! Would you have lied to the group like Cyrus and Celia did? What do you think the map piece means? What do you think is going on with Tesha being brought back? Tell me in the comments. See you soon!