The Mission - Part One

Celia P.O.V.
      "The Soul Stone is missing," Cyrus told him.
His eyes widened as he bolted up. "What?! Are you sure?"
      "And it is cracked." Cyrus pulled out the piece of cloth he had put the shard of the gem in and handed it to him.
      "This... this is real. That's why the school's being destroyed."
      "But why is it trying to frame us, then?" I asked.
      "Because you two are the ones that can stop it. We must have Dean Finley write a mission statement for us immediately."
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
      After he quickly got dressed, we went to the chief's main office, but after he wasn't there, we found him in his second office.
      He looked up at Malachi as we walked in. "You all seem to be up late."
      "It's only mine," Malachi said. "But that's not important. We know what's going on."
      He handed Chief Kasey the shard of the gem, and we nodded at his silent question. "I'll write your mission statement tonight, and you will leave Wednesday morning. For now, go get some sleep."
      Nodding, we went back to our dorm, but we didn't sleep very well that night.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
      The next morning, we were back in the office by eight. Chief Kasey handed a piece of paper to Malachi, and we crowded around him, reading.
      "To whom it may concern, Celia and Cyrus Blackburn, Malachi Kosin, and fellow companions are on a mission for the Elementum Academy. I, Dean Finley, give them select permission for hotels, special access, and information."
      The second piece of paper had more on it. It explained the mission, what we hoped to accomplish, and... "We need six questions members? And who's Eero?"
      "Eero will be your protecter. Some call them faun's, some satyr's and some goat-people, though each variant is a bit different, but we call them horn-guiders. You have the rest of the day to choose two more companions, preferably do them being another teacher. You can always get more members on the way, but for now, get your five, and you leave tomorrow at the regular time you would report to first period."
      With that, he left to go do some... Dean stuff, and we all turned to each other. "Any ideas on who else we're bringing?" Malachi asked.
      "Pierce," Cyrus instantly said.
      "He would be a good addition. Being able to see memories is useful, and if anyone were to find out, they would try to take us out, so the more, the better."
      I thought that logic was backwards, but didn't argue. "Who else?" I asked. "Chief said preferably another teacher. I think a magic elementi would be pretty useful, so do we know any magic elementi teachers?"
       After a second of silence, Malachi spoke up. "Mia Faye. She's one of the regular power development teachers, and she's half magic, half fire. The only other magic teacher is for all the magic students, and he's the only one, so we can't take him."
       "Okay," Cyrus said. "Then it's settled. That was easy. Let's go tell them."
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
      Waking into the science classroom, Malachi took the lead. "Monroy? I need to borrow Pierce for a moment."
      He smiled and waved Pierce off. Pierce walked out into the hall with us, confused. "What's up, Mr. Kosin? Do I need to talk to Dean Finley about yesterday again?"
      "No," I said. "We were given a mission statement today, and we want you to be one for our members."
       "What's the mission for?"
      "To retrieve the Soul Stone and repair it before it cracks further and destroys the world," Cyrus said nonchalantly, causing Pierce to gape.
      "Yeah, I'll join. I assume we leave tomorrow morning."
      "Yep. At the beginning of first period. Be early."
      With that, we sent him back in and went to the TA, where Mia, a girl with pale skin, long, straight, light brown hair, and half orange half purple eyes, was teaching Power Development to a group of third years. After noticing us, she told them to continue their reading and walked over. "Malachi, children, what can I do for you today?"
      "I'm Celia Blackburn, and this is my brother Cyrus. To sum things up, since I've already explained it  twice today, the Soul Stone is stolen and cracked, and we need you to come with us on our mission tomorrow to save the world."
      "How do you two know this?"
      "Long story," Malachi intervened. "But will you come?"
      She thought for a second before nodding. I guess so, but we'll have to help Kelly, since she'll have all our classes."
      "Deal."
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><
      The next morning, we were all gathered at the gates by 6:30. Eero, a tall boy who looked to be around nineteen with pale skin, long, straight black hair, pine green eyes, and two black, curly horns coming from each side of his head, stood with a satchel, keeping to himself.
Cyrus elbowed me, motioning for us to talk to him. He walked over, me following annoyedly, and smiled, giving the creature a respective bow as we were taught to do with all superiors. "I'm Cyrus, nice to meet you."
      Eero smiled, apparently wanting someone to talk to him. He must be shy. Cyrus said to me.
      Probably.
      "I'm Eero, top rank protecter. It is my duty to assist and protect you and your team in any way possible through the mission."
      "Thank you. I—"
      "Cy, the chief is coming. We might want to gather."
      He nodded, and we gathered around as Chief Kasey started talking. "This is the first big quest we've had in hundreds of years, so I've assigned you our best protecter, Eero. Miss Faye has all your important papers, and even though there isn't technically a time limit in this quest, from the size of the crack that we know of, the school has a month or two, and the world not much more. And that's if it hasn't grown.
      Now first you guys are going to go check out the origin of the gem, Ruby Falls in Tennessee. After that, it's all up to you."
      We thanked him, and with that, we were off.

Hey guys! Sorry it's late, but it's on the right day. Do you like Mia? Do you like Eero? Who do you think took the stone? Tell me in the comments. See you soon!