Malachi Kosin - Part One

Celia P.O.V.
      At exactly 16:00, a man walked in. He was tall and built, wearing a matching suit to Cyrus and I's. His white swooped up hair shimmered in the light, and his bright pink eyes were focused directly on us.
      He walked over to us and crossed his arms. "I'm your Advanced Power Development teacher, Malachi Kosin. Now show me that I'm not wasting one of my free periods on you two."
      We jumped up, happy and sad to see a style of teaching we're used to. "What do we need to do?" Cyrus asked.
      "I already know what powers you have, so show me they're all awakened."
      We spent the next thirty minutes going through all of our powers, and when we were done, things got serious. "You are fully awakened, so that's something. But the real question is... how much energy do you have left?"
      I glanced at Cyrus. What do you think? About 75-80%?
      Yeah, about.
      We looked back up at Malachi. "About 75-80%."
      For the thirty minutes I've known Malachi, I've deciphered that he's the type of person that never shows emotion, but for a split second, he looked shocked and happy. "Well then, take that 80% down to 10. Destroy the room as much as you want. The custodians are surprised when the room isn't in wreck and flames. But go wild; I wanna see what you can really do."
      I knew that with the amount of power we had, we were going to have to destroy the room. That may have seemed unimpressive to some, seeing as the Training Arena is just a humongous circle with a few doors, but I knew it would be hard.
      Cyrus and I started letting our powers fly, shooting things here and there, teleporting here and there, nearly making Malachi do things, though he revisited. By the time he told us to stop, I think we were closer to 5 than 10.
      "I have much work to do, but I've decided that maybe you are such a waste of my time. Clean your suits tonight and start thinking about what weapon you wa—"
      "Weapon?" Cyrus interrupted. "Aren't our powers are weapons?"
      Malachi glared at us. "Yes, but you always need a weapon in case your powers get deadly low. That is one of the first things you learn in Power Development. I usually don't have to give weapons, but I'm only doing it cause you skipped the basics."
      We stared at him, confused, and unable to speak. He sighed, walking over to one of the doors that I assumed was an office, and he came out with a big book. "Here are all the weapons you can choose from and information about them. Look through it tonight and we'll decide tomorrow. Class dismissed."
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
      Once we got back to our dorms, we sat down in the lounge and pulled out the book Malachi gave us. After flipping through all the two-hundred and something different weapons, we finally decided on ours. Mine was a Japanese Kusari-Fundo, and Cyrus's was a Native American Flatbow.
      The next day at school was pretty much the same. When we got to APD, Malachi wasn't there. About ten minutes into class he walked in with a pile of papers. "Did you decide on your weapons?" We nodded. "Okay them. Let's go retrieve them."
      We walked out to the back of the school gardens, where we came to a small cellar door. We looked up at Malachi, confused.
      "Usually the teachers just get the weapons for the kids, since there are so many of them, but since there's only two of you, I'm taking you down. You just have to keep this a secret, since no student has ever been down here."
      "We can do that," Cyrus told him. With that, he opened the door and climbed in.
      After walking through the pitch black tunnel for a few minutes, we came to a huge chamber full from floor to ceiling with weapons. Before we could move, Malachi grabbed our wrists. "The weapons are sorted from most to least likely to be picked. You saw in the book what colour section your weapon was in, so find that colour and grab it."
      The three of us started walking down the long path, looking for our colours. About half way through we can to the blue section, and Cyrus ran over to the wall, grabbing a fancy carved flat stick with a string attached to it. Malachi smiled. "A flatbow, huh. Good choice. Good for long range and stealth." Cyrus also smiled as he grabbed the quiver full of arrows to go with it and threw them both over his shoulders.
      We kept walking down the path, and I could tell Malachi was starting to get nervous. At the very end of the room was a small sliver of wall painted white, with ten weapons on it. I walked over and grabbed the enlarged chain with handles off the wall. Placing the surprisingly light chain over my shoulders, I turned to Malachi, and he finally seemed to relax. "A Kusari-Fundo. Interesting choice. Used for hands on attacks and can easily deal with multiple people at a time. Another good choice, indeed."
      By the time we got back to the Training Arena, there was only five minutes left of class. Just enough time for Malachi to give us a little talk. "Two things. One, clean your weapons tonight. There is cleaning supplies in the training arena of your dorm, and instructions on how to use them. Two, the rules with weapons are that you can carry them around as long as you only use them in designated areas. You will know what is and isn't a designated area by the signs. But I want you to try practicing a bit when you get back to your dorms. Got it?"
      "Got it," I replied, but Cyrus looked at him.
      "Do I have to clean each individual arrow?"
      "Yes."
      He sighed. "Got it."
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
      That night we cleaned, studied, and learned to use our weapons. The next day when we walked into APD, our weapons were sparking with pride. We learned tons of different things, and let me tell you, I now see why we have the body suits. If we hadn't, Cyrus and I both would've been covering from head to toe on cuts and bruises.
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>
      Monday morning seemed to be a normal morning. With the hundreds of bathrooms in this place, Cyrus and I favored the same one, so we went back and forth fighting and yelling, getting ready for school. We got to class half an hour early as usual, but the weird thing was, Antonio wasn't there. We waited almost an hour until, halfway through class, a paper flew up to us.
      "It's from Chief Kasey," Cyrus mumbled, reading.
      "Come on. What does it say, Cy?"
      "We need to report to the Training Arena now. That's it. No reason why."
      "Then let's go." We paused time and walked to the Training Arena to find thousands of people clustered together. Most were in nightclothes and looked like they were acting crazy, but all of them seemed worried.
Cyrus gave me his 'uh oh' face. "Looks like the whole schools is here."
      "Yeah..."
      We found Chief Kasey and unfroze time. Nobody noticed us as the man turned around, staring me right in the eyes. "There you two are. I was getting worried."
      "Why?" I asked, confused.
      Just now, Chief Kasey seemed to notice our clothes and school bags. "Oh, this doesn't look good for you two. The school was attacked last night. All the dorms were torn apart, and lots of stuff was broken. Most of the class rooms are in chaos. All the lunch tables were shattered... except yours." Chief Kasey pauses for a moment, deep in thought. "Obviously your dorms weren't destroyed, and all the lockers in the Training Arena were torn open and emptied except AS1 and AS2."
      Cyrus looked at me, freaked out. "Those are our lockers..."
      "This doesn't look good for you at all. You need an alibi for between midnight and four this morning."
      "We don't have one, Chief. We were sleeping." I didn't know what else I could say. It was the truth.
      Chief Kasey stood still, staring at the floor for a while before he sighed. "Unless you find an alibi or a witness, you're probably going to get expelled. Nothing is on your side here."
      We stood there in silence for a while as Chief Kasey talked to the teachers. Students started to notice this, and as they overheard the conversation, they noticed us and started blaming us. An hour later Chief Kasey raised his hands for silence. Everyone gathered around him, ready to listen. "Is there anyone who can either verify where the Blackburn twins were between midnight and four last night, or tell us who or what did this?"
      The room was silent except for the heavy breathing from all the anxious people. After a few more times of him asking the questions, he looked at us sadly. Just as I turned to Cyrus to say something, I felt my head tingling. I looked at Cyrus, both of our eyes turning black to try and cancel it, but it faintly continued.
      "Last chance. Can anyone prove this was not the doing of these two?"
      "It wasn't them."

Hey guys! Who do you think destroyed the school? Who do you think took the twins side? What do you think of Cyrus and Celia's weapons? Tell me in the comments. See you soon!