Ch 18: Inner Thoughts

Start from the beginning

Ximen slightly lowered her eyes and silently focused on finishing her food in a daze so she did not realize that someone was standing in the dark staring at this harmonious scene.

Wan Yu looked on expressionlessly at the two. His face did not show any emotions but his hands were tightly clenched causing the veins to pop up on the back of his small hands.

He gave a mocking laugh.

So I am not special.

He would treat anyone the same way as he did to him.

Wan Yu has always known about Liu Xin's softheartedness since he had previously exploited him based on this finding. 

It would be weird instead if he were to only give preferential treatment toward himself.

However, he was still uncomfortable seeing him treating others the same way as he did to him.

In the end, Wan Yu turned around and walked away.

The moment he disappeared, Liu Xun suddenly lifted his eyes to stare in that direction.

Weird, I felt like someone was staring at me…

In any case, Liu Xun took the tray of foods prepared for others and before walking away he bid a farewell to the female lead,"Be careful on your way back, I am off now."

Ximen casually gave a soft hum without looking at him so Liu Xun immediately walked away.

Arriving at the dining hall, Liu Xun quickly set the table, and soon everyone came in one after another.

Chen Shi was the last to arrive but Wan Yu was nowhere to be seen.

Liu Xun asked in puzzlement,"Shizun, where is Ah Yu?"

Lifting his chopsticks, Chen Shi lightly answered,"Went back to his room."

"He is a bit off recently, do you know something wrong with him?"

Hearing this question, Chen Shi scoffed,"I am not a tapeworm in his intestine, how would I know?"

Liu Xun, "..."

He soon dropped another sentence,"Even you don't know how would I know."

Liu Xun wanted to retort him for being irresponsible but thinking again, he suddenly went silent.

It was like asking parents what is wrong with their youngest brother when you, the elder sibling who is the closest to him don't even know why.

Only at this did Liu Xun realize the difference between him and the little protagonist.

Liu Xun did not stick to the little protagonist all the time, he also spent time with others which meant that even without hanging around the little protagonist he was not distressed or had no one to hang around with.

Because sometimes he treated himself and Chen Shi to be the same age so he had no trouble if he were to hang around him.

However, Wan Yu was different.

Toward Chen Shi, he respected him as his Shifu, therefore, he could not treat him as a friend. 

Toward his Shixiong and Shidi, he treated them as fellow disciples that's why he did not feel that comfortable staying around them.

Therefore, other than him, Wan Yu had no one to cling onto.

Realizing this matter, Liu Xun felt a tremor in his heart.

It was his mistake.

Everything was too comfortable that he forgot about this.

About how lonely Wan Yu was.