Ch 21: Ghost Village (2)

This time the trip was quite long and it took them half a month to arrive at their destination.

Honestly speaking, this village used to be lively, and a considerable number of travelers and merchants stopped by every day. It was once called a Sun village due to having summer almost all year round. However, two months ago, strange things started to appear which caused a huge disturbance, and people dared not to go there again.

Some inhabitants also moved away so only a small number who were poor and could not bear to leave their birthplace remained.

The village elder also wanted to ask some immortal Daoist to deal with this matter but he was simply a poor man that’s why no one was willing to accept his mission.

Perhaps only Chen Shi picked up this mission that received no reward in return.

Liu Xun stared at the approaching village from a high viewpoint. He did not know whether it was his imagination or not but the nearer they were, the colder it became.

Until Wan Yu’s voice dropped did he know that it was not his superfluous thoughts,’’ The Yin energy is quite concentrated.’’

Hearing this, Liu Xun instantly snapped his head to look at the rest of his companions to reconfirm Wan Yu's words in fright. To his dismay, everyone had a solemn face even the smiling Ji Yan at this time couldn’t smile.

Redirecting his gaze to the village, Liu Xun swallowed his saliva with difficulty.

Looks like there are a lot of ghost sisters and brothers awaiting him haha…

Would it be cowardly of him if he were to remain outside the village while letting the rest go to investigate without him? QQ

Of course, with the nonexistent dignity as the oldest (?) Liu Xun discarded his thoughts and gritted his teeth to follow others closer to the village.

At the entrance of the village, three people were seen eagerly waiting for them to arrive. 

However, upon seeing that they were all young people not to mention even a 10-year-old child was present, their eyes instantly turned dim.

The old man who looked to be in his sixties sighed,’’ You guys should return.’’

‘’Dad!’’

Almost immediately, the two people behind the old man, one was a middle-aged woman and the other was a young man in his twenties shouted in unison.

Especially the young man was rather flustered upon hearing his father’s words,’’ Dad, these immortal Daoists have come a long way, how come you just turn them away?’’

The woman also chimed in,’’ That’s right! At least, let them try before giving up!’’

These two were not fools so they knew that if these people were to be gone, no one would care to inspect their village anymore!

However, the two were not optimistic about these young cultivators either so the looks in their eyes were a bit disdainful toward them.

When has Han Zheng ever let a mere mortal look down on him?

Therefore, Han Zheng disdainfully scoffed,’’ Who do you think you are to dare to judge us?’’

Hearing his words, the three people flinched. Due to their young appearance, mortals like them almost forgot how arrogant those cultivators were. So even if these people were young, they knew that they were not their opponents and could be killed by them at any time!

So the old man immediately changed his attitude as he quickly appeased them,’’ Please, forgive us! Young Immortal Daoists! Please, please come in!’’