Ch 18: Inner Thoughts

Liu Xun gave another sigh before lifting his eyes to look at her intending to answer when suddenly he caught a bruise on the left forearm of the little girl.

Previously, it was hidden by the long sleeve of her robe so Liu Xun did not notice only when she raised her left hand causing the sleeve to slide down did he notice.

Even though he knew that the core was an adult but visually, she was still an 8 years old child so Liu Xun subconsciously felt distressed like he was seeing a child abuse.

He involuntarily reached out to hold her hand as he asked in a concerned voice,"You are injured?"

Liu Xun's touch was warm which caused Ximen who had a cold physique to be momentarily stunned as she was currently drifting in her thoughts.

Nevertheless, she did not shake off his hand because she knew that the other had no bad intention toward her, she nonchalantly answered,"Ah, the spoiled second young miss Liu whipped me because she saw me as an eyesore-"

However, upon seeing that the youth's eyebrows were still knitted together, Ximen found herself speaking some more comforting words," it is only a minor injury, it does not hurt."

She did not lie, she usually got more serious wounds so this much counted as nothing.

Nowadays, Liu Xun had a lot of medicine on his body so he quickly took out an ointment and gently applied on the bruise while lightly asked,"Is there any other place that you got hurt?"

Ximen arched an eyebrow as she said in a mischievous tone,"I got kicked on my butt."

Toward this answer, she immediately got a hard knock on top of her head causing her to look disbelievingly at him with wide eyes, completely frozen to her spot.

She indeed used to get hit heavily on the head but never did she imagine that someone dared to do this kind of playful act to her.

Meanwhile, on the other hand, Liu Xun also realized his mistake.

Fuck! Fuck! Fuck!

He internally cursed himself in his head while trying hard to feign calmness on the outside.

"You are a girl, be more reserved."

You are going to become my sister-in-law in the future so be more polite in front of your brother-in-law!

Meanwhile, Ximen who heard this suddenly felt a bit weird hearing this kind of reprimand coming from a child who was much younger than her.

She did not feel strange at how the boy did not shy away from physical contact since, after all, she was a mere 8 years old so all she thought was that this kid was a rare kind-hearted person.

In her previous life, she did not have someone that could be called her loved one, not even friends. Her nature of the job did not allow her to have any of them since it would only be her weakness.

She also never dreamt of being able to live a normal life like ordinary people.

When she was 26 years old, she died on her mission and unknowingly came here. However, as luck has it, only a maid was kind to this Xu Ximen while others kept on insulting, bullying, and having intentions to kill her.

Ximen was used to seeing this kind of dark, murky people so she was not fazed or felt that God was unfair to her.

However…

Who is unhappy about having someone being good to them?

She was the same.

She doesn't need that someone but she also craves for that someone.