Ch 24 : Ghost Village (5)

At his words, everyone uniformly looked in his direction to which Su Ze calmly replied,’’ But I am unsure whether it is simply from an animal or a human. The place was thoroughly cleaned up.’’

Liu Xun would like to say that it was from an animal but judging from how the situation was going it was likely to be something disturbing.

Han Zheng thoughtfully tapped his fan a few times on the table before saying,’’ For now, let’s split up and ask around for more information. Those who remained here should know something.’’

Agreeing with the proposal, they all divided into two groups. Han Zheng went with Ji Yan, while Su Ze, Liu Xun, and Wan Yu would go together.

Normally, early in the morning, the street would be bustling around with merchants and pedestrians by now, however, currently, it was empty and not a single door opened up.

Liu Xun has already tried knocking on several doors with no result. There was smoke coming out of the chimney indicating that there were people inside but everyone played dead when he called out.

At this rate, they would need to go back empty-handed so Liu Xun even had the urge of breaking in. However, it was understandable that they were afraid of what was lurking around inside the village so Liu Xun couldn't blame them even if he wanted to.

After walking around for another lap, the three of them finally rested under a big tree that grew at the end of the road.

Liu Xun slumped down in frustration,’’ These people want us to help them but refuse to give any hints. At this rate, what do you think of forced cooperation?’’

Su Ze and Wan Yu who experienced the forced cooperation firsthand wordlessly looked at Liu Xun who was simply behaving like a rogue for all this time.

Liu Xun touched his nose in embarrassment upon noticing that the two turned their heads to look at him in accusation.

He was about to say something to defend himself when all of a sudden, a rattling noise of the door opening caught their ears.

Unexpectedly, a shop that was the closest to where they were, an old woman with a slightly hunched back stepped out unhurriedly opening the door as if she was ready to open her business.

The old woman inevitably noticed them but after momentarily pausing, she acted as if nothing happened and stepped back inside.

Unwilling to lose this opportunity, Liu Xun spoke in a low voice,’’ Let’s go.’’

The other two slightly nodded their heads as they closely followed behind Liu Xun.

It was unavoidable that the only person who could start the conversation was the chatterbox Liu Xun since neither Su Ze nor Wan Yu was interested or good at social interactions.

This was also one of the reasons why Han Zheng let Liu Xun go along with these two.

Without no one urging, Liu Xun quickly went to do his job. Putting on a friendly smile, Liu Xun greeted the old woman,’’ Good morning, Madame!’’

The old woman did not even bother to lift her head upon hearing Liu Xun’s enthusiastic greeting but Liu Xun had thick skin and was not discouraged, he turned to look around the surroundings but his smile briefly stagnated upon seeing what was she selling.

Liu Xun,"......" Shit, what do I say about a coffin shop? Business is booming lately?

Seeing Liu Xun get stumped, the old woman scoffed," If you are not buying one, don't waste my time."

Hearing her say this, Liu Xun raised his voice by a few decibels," Who said that we are not buying?!"

At his words, everyone present turned to look at him, especially Wan Yu and Su Ze who were particularly curious to hear who is going to be the owner of the coffin this time.