Love In a Briefcase- Chapter 11

(A/N) Sorry for the long wait dear readers. I just had a bit of a writer's block. When I originally wrote the chapter, I didn't like it and erased the whole thing to write it again. So after so long, here it is. Hope you like it and don't forget to vote, comment or follow me; if you want to, of course. Big kisses! <3-Léa

Mr Loverboy by Little Mix on the side!

Love In a Briefcase- Chapter 11

After what happened with Sean eight years ago, Jade did not feel safe alone in this big penthouse. The first year after the incident, she kept having horrible nightmares which caused her to wake up in the middle of the night all sweaty and scared out of her mind. Gradually, those nightmares dissipated but the fear was still there. There had not been a night when she had not woken up once or twice, just to check if all the windows were closed and if the doors were locked. Some may call it irrational fear or even paranoia but, even after eight years, no one can ever be too sure.

But this morning, Jade woke up well rested after a full night of sleep. She could not remember the last time that happened.

She looked around the room and the memories of the previous night came back to her mind causing her heart to do a little leap and her cheeks to redden. It had been so good to sleep in Alejandro's arms. She had felt so comfortable and protected and...so much more. It was simply indescribable. The feel of his arms around her and his chin over her head had been so comforting.

The memories stirred unfamiliar emotions in her. She reached out for Alejandro next to her but her hand only found the messed up sheets. It oddly made her smile. It had been so long since the other side of the bed had been occupied. She wondered where the man was when the most delicious scent reached her nose. Her mouth watered and she unconsciously licked her lips before untangling herself from the sheets and slipping onto her slippers.

She followed the delectable smell which led her to the kitchen where the most mouth-watering sight was displayed before her. Alejandro had his bare back turned to her and he was frying some eggs in a pan. He was only wearing briefs and Ursula's pink 'Messy but cute' apron. Her perverted eyes trailed down his back. She observed every detailed muscle of his toned and sculptured back, every curve of his taut body. She watched attentively as the muscles moved and flexed whenever Alejandro flipped the eggs and also stared at his bulging biceps. Jade sighed. How she wanted to have his arms around her again and feel those biceps. And how much she wanted to just trail her tongue over those big muscles and taste him.

"Oh, you're already up," She was snapped out of her thoughts when Alejandro turned around. Her breath hitched in her throat. If she thought his back looked good, his front was even better. Gosh, it was not healthy for her to feel this way so early in the morning. And it could not be possible for him to look so sexy either.

Life was not fair. There he was, looking so delicious in those tight briefs. And here she was, in her over-sized t-shirt which was far from sexy and her hair looking like a bird's nest.

"I prepared breakfast, hope you don't mind," He said while placing two plates of delicious-looking omelets and toast on the dining table.

"Good morning and you didn't have to" Jade said shyly. She always seemed to be shy around him for some unknown reason.

Alejandro came to stand before her, "But I wanted to," he admitted, "I wanted to thank you for what you've done for me yesterday. It really means a lot."

"You're welcome and it's nothing, really." They both sat at the table, across from each other. Jade took a bite of the omelet and let out a moan. The delectable taste of pepper, ham and cheese were busting her taste buds. It sure would win over Ursula's tofu pancakes anytime.

"So, verdict?" Alejandro asked.

"This is just amazing!" Jade exclaimed while eagerly cutting another piece of her omelet. Alejandro laughed at her enthusiasm.

"Good," he grinned and then admitted sheepishly, "I'm glad you like it. I was scared you were like other women and would have thrown a fit because of the amount of calories in this meal."

"Oh, trust me, sometimes I do. But when you can't cook for your life and have to depend on your housemaid's frozen tofu pancakes every day, you are just glad to be able to eat any other kind of food without counting the calories."

"Oh, my bad, and here I thought that you honestly liked my food" Alejandro exclaimed, sounding vexed.

"I like it! I promise!" Jade said, "I'm just saying that this is a lot better than tofu pancakes, no matter the amount of calories it contains"

"Yep," he said popping the 'p', "I'm the best"

Jade raised an eyebrow and giggled. She seemed to be giggling far too much lately.

"Wow! Conceited much?"

"Yes, and proud of it." They both let out a roar of laughter. It had been so long since she had laughed like that.

When the laughter died down, Jade spoke hesitantly, "About last night,-"

"I don't want to talk about it." Alejandro cut her off, his tone as sharp as a knife and as cold as ice. It is incredible how the atmosphere can change drastically in just a couple of minutes.

"Alejandr-"

"I really don't want to talk about it, Jade, and I would appreciate it if you could forget about this.

"But I-"

"Forget it, Jade" He ordered, his voice as hard as stone.

Sad and disappointed, Jade quietly pushing her plate away and stood up. She looked into those beautiful but hard eyes, hoping to find some sort of indication that he would maybe tell her what was wrong the previous day. But, when she found none, she sighed and said quietly,

"Okay, just take your things and see yourself out."

"Where are you going?"

"In my room, though it's none of your business."

"Jade, you're overreacting about this."

"Overreacting?" At this point they were both on their feet.

Jade cried out, "I'm not overreacting Alejandro! How would you feel if someone came to your house in the middle of the night dripping wet and crying? You try to comfort that person and help him but he just keeps pushing you away and doesn't want to give you answers."

"You aren't my girlfriend Jade. I don't have to tell you anything."

Jade grew silent. Wow, that...hurt...for some reason.

She took a breath then replied nearly inaudibly,

"I know that I'm not anyone important to you but, I thought that we were at least friends and that you would tell me if something was wrong."

"We are friends Jade, well, co-workers, but I'm not ready to talk about it just yet. Please, understand. I'll tell you when I'm ready" Alejandro resonates calmly.

Jade sighed. Well, everybody has his secrets. And, he would tell her when he would be ready. She could wait; at least sometimes.

"Okay."

"Great, now let's stop arguing and continue eating this delicious breakfast." He smiled trying to lift up the mood. He succeeded as Jade smiled too before sitting back down.

The tense and awkward atmosphere dissipated and the rest of their breakfast was filled with light conversation, jokes and laughter.