Love in a Briefcase- Chapter 14

Kiss me by Ed Sheeran on the side! I really felt like it was the most appropriate song for this chapter and also a picture from Weheartit. Enjoy honeybuns!

Love in a Briefcase- Chapter 14

Edited.

A week later at Alejandro's apartment, Jade and himself made a toast,

"To our success?" Alejandro enquired.

"To our success," Jade confirmed while clinking her glass full of the most expensive champagne against his.

The trial had been held earlier that day and they had won after much work. One week earlier, Alejandro had found a will which stipulated that Cody Johnson would be able to access a bank account of approximately 80 billion dollars which belonged to his late grandfather at the age of twenty one. Of course it was only a supposition, but Jade guessed that Robert Johnson only wanted the full custody of Cody to have full access to the money when he would turn twenty one. And it was proved to be true when Alejandro presented the will to the judge and Robert Johnson did not dare deny it.

Another thing that caused a stir was when at the last minute Robert tried to deny his affair with his secretary, Miss Noyes. Unfortunately for him, Miss Noyes was in the trial court and immediately stood up and shouted profanities directed towards him, completely ignoring the magistrate who eventually had her escorted out of the room. But the most unexpected thing was when she shouted that she was pregnant with Robert child. Maybe luck had been on their side, but after the whole scene, it seemed like they had already won the case.

Nothing compared to the happiness written all over Alia's face when the magistrate announced his final judgement, stating that she had the full custody of Cody. She had thanked her two attorneys thoroughly after having embraced her son. She even shed some tears but they were from all the overwhelming happiness.

"You know that we wouldn't have won so easily if you hadn't found the will?" Jade put her glass down on the coffee table and fell back against the comfortable couch.

"Well, it was just an element of the whole thing," he stated, "You and your expertise played a major role."

"Thank you Mr Martinez"

"Your welcomed Miss Harper," He replied just as coyly. They both could not help but laugh at their own childish games. Alejandro pushed himself closer to her. She had looked so captivating back there earlier that day. And she looked just as mesmerising now, with her dark hair sprawled on the back of the couch, her eyes closed with some crinkles which only appeared when she laughed, and those cute and deep dimples. He meant it when he had said that he really liked her. Well, that was an understatement; he could nearly say that he loved her. When he had first met her, she had her walls up so high, he thought he would never be able to break them. But, as time elapsed, she slowly opened up to him. He got to know her, both as a person and as his partner and he could certainly say that she was truly gorgeous and enthralling.

She stopped laughing when she caught him watching her,

"What?"

He smiled.

"What?" She asked again. He did not answer. He simply reached out and cupped her face in his hands, looking into her eyes which seemed to fascinate him ever since their first meeting; baby blue with specks of silver; just mesmerising.

She smiled at him softly and he could feel her breathing slowly increasing. He fondled her cheek lovingly with his thumb before letting his finger venture towards her lips. He stroked her lips a few times before closing his mouth over hers. It started with some slow and lingering pecks. They were not meant to be anything but loving to try and communicate his true feelings towards her.

They broke away after sometimes because of the lack of air.

"I don't want us to do anything tonight," he whispered. She suddenly released him and when he looked into her eyes he realised why. She looked insulted. She must have misunderstood his words. So, he continued,

"I want to hold you tonight," he said, "I want to cuddle with you." He caressed her lips again, "and I want to hold you close and feel your body on mine."

Something flashed in her eyes which he could not quite catch before she suddenly kissed him with so much force that he fell back on the couch with her on top of him. She then pulled away before pulling him in a tight embrace. And that is how they fell asleep that night, in the arms of each other; like nobody else in the world existed.