Love In a Briefcase- Chapter 9

Collide by James Bay on the side!

Love In a Briefcase- Chapter 9

One month. One freaking month had passed since the last encounter between Jade and Alejandro and nothing had happened since. All they did was talk about business, business and...Business.

He had not kissed her once and had talked to her only if it was absolutely necessary. It was like he was punishing her. She knew that she had told him to never repeat their hot encounters again but God knew that she had not been serious.

It was one week after the meeting with Mrs Johnson and the opponent lawyers and Alejandro and Jade were both out of breath after the toe-curling kiss that he had initiated.

She hadn't expected it. She had just been re-reading some contracts when he had barged in her office, had taken her out of her chair and had sat on it before making her straddle his lap. Then, he had kissed her with so much dominance that she was forced to respond. Well, not really 'forced' as she had not been exactly unwilling.

When Jade had finally realised what she was doing, she had immediately broken the kiss and had slapped Alejandro hard across the cheek. Yes, she had slapped him. She had not realised what she had done till she had noticed that Alejandro's head had snapped to the side and that the red print of her fingers had indeed begun to appear on his cheek.

"We are co-workers, sir. It is not acceptable for you to just waltz in my office while I am working and do what you just did. I don't accept this kind of behaviour from the people working in this building, sir and I will kindly ask you to please get out of my office."

There, she said it. Of course, it was not like she had not enjoyed the kiss but she had to stop herself from wanting this guy more than she did already. Lust could turn into love and she definitely was not ready for a relationship. She was not girlfriend material anymore and she sure as hell knew that Alejandro was not boyfriend material either.

An uncomfortable silence filled the room before finally, Alejandro got up,

"Don't act as if you didn't enjoy it Miss Harper. I am not the only one at fault here. I may have been blinded by my lust for you but don't worry, Miss Harper, from now on, I'll respect your wish and I'll stay away from you. Please, excuse me."

Then he stormed out of the room without another word.

Freaking Hell! How in God's name could she have said that? What was going on through her head? Was she somehow convinced that she could ever resist this guy? He looked like a fucking Abercrombie model; so virile, so sexy; so irresistible.

Stupid. That is what she was. She was freaking stupid for doing what she did.

She had not known that she would ever miss him that much. The guy was literally just ten steps away from her office. Yes, she had counted. All she had to do was walk to his office, open the door and find her way with him.

But could she really do that?

It was not that simple. She had told Alejandro, who by the way was her co-worker, that she didn't want to kiss him ever again or do anything else, for that matter.

She thought that she was doing something right at that time; for her, for Alejandro and for the firm. She did not want to lead him on and she did not want to crush everything she worked for for years by her irresponsible actions.

And now, to what her harsh words and supposedly right actions had led her? It had led her to a lonely office with a deafening silence on a Thursday night.

Ten o'clock and she was still in her office, reading files. She supposed that all the employees had already gone home except for the night guard and some office cleaners. After a few minutes, she decided that she could do the work the next day and called it a day. She took her bag and switched off the light on her office desk before exiting her office.

What surprised her was that the light in Alejandro's office was still on. She could see it passing under the door. And then, it came to her mind that she could just try to talk to him and just wish him goodnight.

She approached the door and knocked three times. When she heard a faint 'come in', she turned the knob and opened the door.

Alejandro was signing some documents with his cute glasses on. Even with these on, he looked sexy as hell. He looked up after a few minutes,

"Yes, Miss Harper?"He looked at her with those forest green eyes.

She suddenly and unexpectedly felt shy,

"Umm...I was going home and I saw that you were still there, so I just wanted to say goodbye."

"Okay, goodbye." He continued signing the documents.

What? Was he ignoring her?

You deserve it after how you treated him, Jade. Don't act all innocent and just suck it up!

Feeling totally awkward and stupid for even bothering to say goodbye, she swallowed the bitter taste of disappointment and turned around to exit the room when she felt hot breathing on the side of her neck.

She gasped when Alejandro turned her around and pressed her against the door. He had his eyes closed and his forehead resting on hers. His breathing was laboured as he opened his beautiful green eyes and looked in her blue ones. His eyes held emotions that made her heart skip a beat; Lust, passion and desire.

Alejandro reached out and tucked a stray strand of auburn hair that had managed to escape her tight bun, behind her ear.

His eyes intense, he said,

"You don't know how much I've wanted you since the night we met at that bar. I tried to stay away from you but you weren't helping with those tight dress pants you like to wear. I've tried to avoid you but you seem to always be in every fucking place I go."

Jade gulped.

"I will not disrespect a co-worker and take advantage of you. So, you can get out of this office now and I swear that I won't touch you again." Alejandro said while slipping his arm around her waist and bringing her closer.

"But if you decide to stay, we'll go to my place or yours, whichever one is closer and I'll fuck you so hard that you won't be able to walk properly for one. whole. week." And he pushed his pelvis against hers, crashing his straining bulge against her most intimate place, almost making her release a moan.

When she regained the ability to speak, she said,

"My place is closer."

And it was all it took for Alejandro to lead her out of the building, drive to her house, and fuck her senseless.

He had succeeded in turning her into a wanton woman.