Love In a Briefcase- Chapter 12

Hi there everybody! I'm so sorry for the long wait. I was busy with school and I had some problems with my internet. So, Happy Valentine's day to everyone! Well, I'll spend this wonderful day with my lovers, namely, my books, my T.V and chocolate but anyway, here's the long awaited chapter. Love you all and hope you like it!

Jealous by Nick Jonas on the side!

Love In a Briefcase- Chapter 12

Edited.

Jade stepped out of the elevator of the law firm the next Monday. She was literally starving as she had forgotten breakfast that morning and had been waiting for lunch break for about two hours. Of course, she could have taken a break whenever she would have wanted to; after all, she was the boss. But, she was still working on the Johnson case and she would not be a good role model to her employees if she just skipped meetings and left work in the middle of the day.

She was so hungry that she could eat the person who was standing right next to her; which would not really be an appetizing feast considering the fact that it was Mr. Carter, an overweight and bald attorney in his early sixties, who worked for her. Jade wrinkled her nose and tried to dissimulate the fact that she suddenly wanted to throw up.

Thank you very much but I think I'll pass on that one. The new Chinese takeout restaurant, situated three blocks away from here, sounds much better. She thought as she started her walk across the lobby. But, what she saw there made her forget all about her hungry stomach.

Alejandro was hugging a woman; a beautiful woman, with an enormous smile on his handsome but annoying face. Jade had never seen him this happy and she could not help the bitter taste of jealousy that rose in her throat.

Alejandro had been a bit distant since that famous talk on Saturday morning. He was often smiling but something seemed to bother him. But now he was hugging some blonde and laughing with her as if they had no care in the world. Jade suddenly felt envious; something she never felt before. God only knew how much she would give to be the one he would laugh and share his happiness with.

No, Jade. Come back to your senses! You may love him but that doesn't mean that he loves you back!

What?

She doesn't love him! She doesn't know him enough to say that she loves him.

And she must be really cautious. He may turn out into another Sean for all she knew.

But no, that was impossible. Sean and Alejandro were totally different. Alejandro would never be like him. Alejandro would never turn out to be a monster. He was too caring and his heart was too big for him to ever become another Sean.

But, wasn't Sean caring too at first?

"-ade?" The man who kept invading her thoughts stopped her internal battle against her own mind. Without even noticing, she had walked all the way from the elevator and was now standing in front of Alejandro and the blonde women, who was looking at her questionably but still offering her a warm and kind smile.

Jade only wanted to hate that woman. But, as much as she tried, she could not. The woman seemed nice; not one of those trashy bimbos or those gold diggers.

"Alarice, this is Jade, my business partner and Jade, this is Alarice, my little sister." Alejandro introduced them, still smiling.

Sister?

Wow, already showing Mr. Jealousy, Jade?

She suddenly felt like an idiot. She was so embarrassed. How hadn't she seen the resemblance between the two? Same forest green eyes, same high cheekbones and same tanned skin tone.

Bloody hell!

" Alarice Martinez, pleasure to meet you," the beautiful blonde woman greeted her while offering a perfectly manicured hand.

"Jade Harper, and the pleasure is mine," She replied while shaking her own perfectly manicured hand with the woman's.

"I heard so much about you. It seems as though you tapped in my brother's eye. Every time I call him, it's all about you!" Alarice exclaimed and laughed slightly when her brother's cheeks turned pink.

Oh My!

Alejandro was blushing!

It was so new for her to see him embarrassed. He was always the confident, annoying and handsome sex god but now, he was blushing.

And, he was so damned cute!

"Oh, I'm flattered. I didn't know that," Jade said and quickly glanced at Alejandro.

Alarice nodded quickly,

"I swear that he always talks about you!"

"Alarice!"Alejandro exclaimed, his cheeks still slightly pink, "Stop embarrassing me!"

It was so amusing to watch their sibling banter.

"So anyway, superman and I were just going to eat lunch, would you like to join us?" The blonde asked.

"Superman?" Jade questioned.

"That's Alejandro's nickname. When we were little, it was his favourite movie and he often thought of himself as the superhero. He would steal mum's leggings and run around the house with them on and his underwear over the leggings, his briefs on his head and bed sheets around his neck, acting as a cape. It was such a funny sight! Mum would always scold him but he would continue to do it anyway." Alarice laughed at the memory and Jade could not help but laugh too at the picture forming in her mind. That must have been a really funny sight!

"Alarice!" Alejandro blushed a deep red."Stop it!"

"Okay, okay! Calm your tits!" His sister exclaimed, "So, lunch?"

Jade said shyly,

"I wouldn't want to impose."

"Of course not, Italian or Chinese?" Alejandro asked, once he regained his composure.

"I don't know about you two, but I'm craving for some Chinese right now," Alarice informed them.

"Same," Jade agreed.

"New Chinese restaurant down the road?" Alejandro questioned.

They all agreed and the three of them left the lobby.