Chapter 4

James walks up to his window and quietly opens it. He gives Ashley a boost in first, then pulled himself in and shuts the window behind him and locks it.

"You're going to stay here tonight. No way am I letting you go back to your aunt's." James says firmly. " You can sleep here. I'll sleep out on the couch."

Ashley nods. She walks over and gives James a quick hug. "Thanks again for being there for me when I needed it. You were really nice."

James smiles and quickly says goodnight and walks out of the room before Ashley could see his cheeks getting red. As he laid down in the couch he started thinking. What could Aunt Margaret and those men want with Ashley? Why was she worth that much to them? And why did he always blush when Ashley complimented him?

Meanwhile Ashley laid in the bed in James' room staring up at the ceiling. She thought about how warm and safe she felt when James was holding her when she was crying. And she thought about how she got lost every time she looked into those beautiful brown eyes. That's what she was thinking about as she is falling asleep.

__________

"Wake up, sunshine! Time to eat breakfast!" Ashley moans and rolls over. Morning already? James opens the blinds and sunlight pours in the room. Ashley pulls up the blankets over her head.

"Come on, Ash, it's time to wake up!" James urges. He pulls back the blankets so her head isn't covered anymore. Ashley opens her eyes. "Oh there you are. I was wondering if you were even in there."

Ashley lets out a small giggle and struggles to see clearly with the bright sunlight that's pouring in the room. The room comes into focus and she sees James sitting on the bed beside her.

"Come on, slowpoke!" James says anxiously. "Or else I'll make you get out of bed on my own!" He says as he starts ticking her.

Ashley squeals from the tickling, and jumps out of bed. She runs her hands through her hair, and she knows it's a disaster.

"Don't look at my hair!" She says quickly. "It's a mess!"

James ignores what she says and keeps looking at her anyways. "I don't know what you're talking about, it's cute." He says, and with that he marches out of the room.

Ashley walks out of the bedroom a few minute slater, her hair mostly smoothed out with her hands and the comb she found on James' dresser. It was unbelievably hard to brush messy morning hair with a boys comb! If you'd ever tried it, you'd know how hard it was. She almost bumps into James in the hallway. James grins.

"Now is it okay for me to look at you?" He asks with a smirk.

Ashley rolls her eyes. "Yes, dork. Don't I look better now that my hair is sorta smoothed out?" She asks with a smile.

"Uhhh....yeah. You look better. I mean I'm not saying you looked bad before, cause you didn't, you looked great, but uh...yeah I'm just gonna shut up now." James says as his face turns slightly pink.

Ashley grins. She loves making James unsure of what to say. "Thanks. You really do need a regular brush though." She says as she scrunches her nose, thinking back to the mess of her trying to work the comb through her hair.

"Okay, okay. I'll get one. Now we've just got to tell my parents what we heard last night." James says surely. "Are you ready?"